Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Nintendo to release Wii U games that have yet to be announce

Comment on site articles.

What could they be?

Lots of new Wii U games were announced during Nintendo Direct last month but according to Satoru Iwata, there is more to come from Nintendo's new console before the end of the year.

... read more

Nintendo to release Wii U games that have yet to be announce

Postby Commandervideo » 05 Feb 2013, 11:19

Warioware DIY 2, Waverace and Starfox. Roughly that will probably happen in the year 2020. :(
My Colors!3D Gallery
THE BEST EQUALS = MK7 + SSBB + SM64
Commandervideo

Re: Nintendo to release Wii U games that have yet to be anno

Postby BIGBUTTER » 05 Feb 2013, 11:25

Mario 64 HD is a Must!!
BIGBUTTER

Postby shy guy 64 » 05 Feb 2013, 11:29

i look forward to finding out what
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby K-tet » 05 Feb 2013, 11:30

I know the fans want a new Metroid, F-Zero and Star Fox, so to be fair I'd be inclined to agree.

I'm not a huge fan of HD remasters but there's definitely a market for them (ala Sony). Wind Waker HD will be good, but it's certainly nothing special. Any further HD remasters could be a possibility. If anything, I still want to see Nintendo live up to the promise of GameCube Virtual Console titles.
K-tet

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 05 Feb 2013, 11:59

That's nice to hear! I assume we'll find out what these games are at E3, or maybe the Game Developers Conference in March if we're lucky.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Castle Crashers Four-Square | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby ToxicJosh » 05 Feb 2013, 12:03

Thinking logically, any unannounced games must have been held back from the Nintendo Direct because they are either too early in the development process to commit to a 2013 release or to guarantee a big reveal at E3 (or a combination of both).

Given that Mario and Mario Kart were both announced in the Nintendo Direct (although we all infered a 2013 release for them, when none was mentioned), I think we can expect something nice to be announced at E3 for end of year release.

All that said; my predictions (read; wish list) for a late this year release with E3 announcement has to be F Zero, and a Metroid title. The other possibility is the new Miyamoto IP he's been rumoured to have been working on.
ToxicJosh

Postby King Slazo » 05 Feb 2013, 12:22

Nintendo releasing games we currently don't know about? Never. [/sarcasm]

Wouldn't be surprised if this was some download title(s) which they released during E3.
~ a r r o g a n c e e t e r n a l ~ to tweetfinity and beyond
King Slazo
ONM Moderator

Postby SmashBro2712 » 05 Feb 2013, 12:33

@MartinIsAwesome, The GDC is a good bet, it could be a while before a new Wii U direct roles around so they could be better off unveiling these things in March - and to a larger audience than a regular Nintendo Direct.
If they wait till E3 then they'll have less time to hype up the games before launch and although the situation isn't as dire as some suggest, Nintendo is in a position in which they need to announce some big games. The only problem is if they announce them in March, they better have something saved up for E3 when they'll need it most.
SmashBro2712

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 05 Feb 2013, 14:18

SmashBro2712 wrote:@MartinIsAwesome, The GDC is a good bet [...] The only problem is if they announce them in March, they better have something saved up for E3 when they'll need it most.

Very true.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Castle Crashers Four-Square | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 05 Feb 2013, 14:19

Isn't really no surprised,but lets hope these games are good.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby IPecksU » 05 Feb 2013, 14:31

PLEASE NINTENDO! The January Nintendo directs were more than enough, why must you torture our wallets?? The exclusive Nintendo games is why Nintendo consoles are always my first choice. The other guys are cool too, Nintendo are just more my style.
IPecksU

Postby KH81314 » 05 Feb 2013, 15:18

I want a new Metroid Game above all else.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby ShanNintendoUk » 05 Feb 2013, 18:05

Make a new Kirby game or a new Mega man game for Wii U!!! I BEG OF YOU NINTENDO TO!!! PLEASE? :)
ShanNintendoUk

Postby CDS » 05 Feb 2013, 19:01

"Mario Beats Sonic at the Next Winter Olympic Games"
Nintendo's version of SEGA's cross franchise olympic party fest.

Either that or another party game along the lines of Wii Party. However, I hear the pleas of people wanting new Metroid and F-Zero, and so I'll go along with them as well.
CDS

Postby Johny G » 05 Feb 2013, 20:21

It may have been underrated but Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Wii was and still is one of my favourite games of all time. We now need a Donkey Kong Country platform game on both the Wii U and the 3DS. I would also love to see a Wario platform game on both consoles - again, later games in that series, may have not done too well but they are amongst my favourites.

My wish list for the Wii U would look like this:

1. Mario Kart Wii U
2. Donkey Kong Country (this should also be released on 3DS)
3. Wario Land
4. Mario Trek (Star Trek with characters from the Mushroom Kingdom
5. Formula 1 2013 (about time we had a good, HD F1 racing game on a Nintendo console)
Johny G

Postby KairiZero » 06 Feb 2013, 22:15

Its mega unlikely (infact nigh on impossible), but I would love Killer Instinct 3?

As wolves among sheep we wander
KairiZero