Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Skylanders: Swap Force coming to Wii U and 3DS in the autumn

Comment on site articles.

Over 50 new characters to collect in this year's Skylanders game

A few weeks after Disney Infinity was announced, Activision have responded with Skylanders: Swap Force, the third game in the Skylanders series. With a release date set for the autumn, Skylanders: Swap Force won't be going head to head with Disney's game but fans are being asked to collect more than 50 figures in a new Wii U and 3DS game that encourages you to swap parts of the figures.

... read more

Skylanders: Swap Force coming to Wii U and 3DS in the autumn

Postby Darkblizz » 05 Feb 2013, 11:59

ANOTHER ONE?!
Darkblizz

Re: Skylanders: Swap Force coming to Wii U and 3DS in the au

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 05 Feb 2013, 14:07

And how much is this going to cost all those Mum's and Dad's out there,who's already regretting buying little Tommy a copy of Skylanders Spyro's Adventure for Christmas 2011.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby TheVelvetRoom » 05 Feb 2013, 14:16

Activision syndrome has well and truly set in here
PS Forever UK an enthusiast site for Playstation games new and old
Steam: velv
PSN: tvrsteve
TheVelvetRoom

Postby Scraggy man » 05 Feb 2013, 14:38

So you got to buy the portal pack which is like £60-£70 and not use the old one because? oh that's right MONEY!
Scraggy man

Postby KoreeluStromboli » 05 Feb 2013, 15:07

Darkblizz wrote:ANOTHER ONE?!

You took the words right out of my mouth.
2nd place in Podcast Competition #17! Here's my entry and the podcast, as of 23:55
My deviantART account
KoreeluStromboli

Postby KH81314 » 05 Feb 2013, 15:14

This ones coming out of their college fund.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby Mew3 » 05 Feb 2013, 16:21

How many more Skylanders games (aka those games that keep costing you) are they going to release before the parents chuck the little kids consoles out the window?
Mew3

Postby TheSlenderman » 05 Feb 2013, 17:54

Well, to be fair to the game, at least this time if you buy 2 figures, you have essentially got 4 thanks to the swapping gimmick. Unless they end up costing a bomb.
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby Xenobladeperson » 05 Feb 2013, 18:00

Activision : leading the way in originality, innovation and quality.
Nintendo Ninja wrote:Never fear everything can be resolved by a large amount of violence
Xenobladeperson

Postby CDS » 05 Feb 2013, 20:13

I was interested up until I read the word N-Space. Although to be fair, they will be stuck to a strict guideline.
So, in all honesty, I lost interest after the work Skylanders. We've already had too many, and this does nothing to help except reel Activision even more profits, especially since you need to buy the NEW [edit - added lights] Portal of Power NFC reader. Looking on GAME [which to be honest is the only proper game shop open now] the figures are £8-£20, which booster packs costing anywhere from £40-80.
Sure.
CDS

Postby smash-brother » 05 Feb 2013, 21:11

Xenobladeperson wrote:Activision : leading the way in originality, innovation and quality.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat :o since when, are yer one o' thos stinkn' anctivision ceo? :lol:

P.S. The game looks like it's going to snach ya cash like never before: you will acencilly need TWO characters to get though an area

infinaty looks a lot better and less moneygrabbing plus will sell more cas it's disney and seems more innovenative
Jack, I'm only an elected official, i can't make decisions by myself
smash-brother

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 06 Feb 2013, 14:18

Xenobladeperson wrote:Activision : leading the way in originality, innovation and quality.

You mean,

Activision : leading the way to end the world debt crises,with shooters and figure collecting.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby x_steph_x » 09 Feb 2013, 19:48

:twisted: FUMING :evil:

As a parent of a 6 year old who last year wanted skylanders spyro and had all the characters to go with it, this year he wanted the skylanders giants! He got this for christmas and all the giant figures and all small figures to go with it (44) in all, recently getting the latest thumpback and eye-brawl which we had to get as import from america as they took so long to come to UK, they cost a fortune which i didnt mind untill now. But over £400 worth of skylanders later, hes seen these new swap figures, i thought fair enough, something different....... Then i heard another portal!!!! Are they taking the p*ss????? And also not on the actual wii, has to be on Wii U!!! Very very clever, but im sure you will find it to be a flop and parents in the right mind will NOT be buying this after the others, no matter how good!!!!! ANNOYED!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
x_steph_x

Postby Elwyn games » 03 Mar 2013, 10:23

An innovative idea gone crazy. a good gimmick with the swap idea, but falls short at price.
Elwyn games