Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Rabbids Land review

Comment on site articles.

They say "BWAAAAAAAAH", we say "mehhhh"

The Wii arrived six years ago. One of the launch titles, Rayman Raving Rabbids, was a collection of mini-games starring the eponymous limbless wonder and some brand new characters, the titular bunch of screaming bunnies. Fast-forward to the Wii U launch and the rodents have built the kind of cred to nab the starring role, but despite more than half a decade of progress, their Wii U appearance is far worse than their debut.

... read more

Rabbids Land review

Postby shadow.x » 05 Feb 2013, 16:44

If only this article was written a week ago, I would have saved myself a bit of money. This game is utter rubbish! Very disappointed considering this is my first Raving Rabbids buy :/
Follow Me On Twitter :) @Klayee

In university studying to be Editor of this Magazine :)
shadow.x

Re: Rabbids Land review

Postby tomonm » 05 Feb 2013, 17:06

Well, it was written a week ago. It was in issue 91 of ONM which went on sale on 16 January. We've just posted it online. You should buy the magazine to see the reviews first!
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby Argenthor » 05 Feb 2013, 18:33

Snap.

On the game itself, looking at recent reviews and the top eshop games... a lot of the current wii u games are actually sub-80% atm (with loads under 50%). I haven't noticed because I'm still busy with the likes of Super Mario and Assassin's Creed... but I can see why some people are starting to talk about a lack of games. Luckily post-march will be good!
Argenthor

Postby rayquaza9999 » 05 Feb 2013, 19:16

Argenthor wrote:Snap.

On the game itself, looking at recent reviews and the top eshop games... a lot of the current wii u games are actually sub-80% atm (with loads under 50%). I haven't noticed because I'm still busy with the likes of Super Mario and Assassin's Creed... but I can see why some people are starting to talk about a lack of games. Luckily post-march will be good!

Over the years game review scores have massively inflated to the point that nothing under 80 is worth buying but it seems that ONM are trying to reverse this; 79% is not a bad score, and if you look at the quality of launch games for each console you see that very few are very good so this is normal. I am sure that wave 2 of Wii U games will be better.
rayquaza9999

Postby tomonm » 05 Feb 2013, 20:03

It's weird. If you look at our review scores for Wii U games, there are very few average games. Sonic Racing is in that bracket as we gave it 62, although I know some people liked it. Then there are some good games in the 70s - Ninja Gaiden, Sing Party and Tank Tank Tank - but it seems most are really good or quite bad.

There are loads of games that got over 80 but quite a few that received sub 50 scores. If you haven't played the likes of Black Ops, Assassin's Creed and Batman on other platforms there are plenty of great games to play on Wii U and there will be lots more once we reach the spring and summer.

It was a shame that Scribblenauts has been delayed as I was looking forward to that it it would have filled the gap until LEGO City Undercover.
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby KH81314 » 06 Feb 2013, 07:15

Ubisoft should make another Rabbids game like Rabbids Go Home. I enjoyed that game since it wasn't mini games.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 06 Feb 2013, 14:14

KH81314 wrote:Ubisoft should make another Rabbids game like Rabbids Go Home. I enjoyed that game since it wasn't mini games.

Amen to that.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho