Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Mario Kart Arcade GP DX revealed

Comment on site articles.

Namco Bandai's kart racer is out in Japan this summer

Did you know Namco Bandai makes Mario Kart games too? Nintendo have allowed their local rivals to develop the last two arcade iterations of the series, and there's a third on its way this year. The unfeasibly-named Mario Kart Arcade GP DX has a mixture of modes and features that might well never make it into the next console edition.

... read more

Mario Kart Arcade GP DX revealed

Postby CaptainSnivy » 06 Feb 2013, 12:35

I've played one of the first two MK arcade games at an arcade in Devon, and from what I played, it was pretty good.
CaptainSnivy

Re: Mario Kart Arcade GP DX revealed

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 06 Feb 2013, 13:04

I really hope it comes to my local Namco FÜNscape. I think the 2nd one did some years ago. We definitely had one of them anyway.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Castle Crashers Four-Square | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 06 Feb 2013, 13:19

it's a shame the arcade has practically died in the uk ( ni anyway ) nothing but poker machine's now which is just wrong !
5OUNDWAVE

Postby DingoDee » 06 Feb 2013, 15:28

The arcade Mario Kart games are great, though the price is kinda high (£1), but it's a great laugh.

It would be brilliant if they created created a WiiU game with all the versions of these arcade games, especially now the game pad has a camera in, the feature where they take your photo and add a frame over you depending on which character you select could be included. Crazy Taxi is available in both arcades and on consoles, so why not this?

But that said, it would remove the exclusivity of the arcade game itself...
DingoDee

Postby Targey » 06 Feb 2013, 15:53

Heck yes, I loved playing the first two in the arcades. The Hollywood Bowl I often go to had the previous two Arcade GPs when they came out, so chances are they'll have this in their arcade when it arrives in the UK. Also, Double Dash-style co-op mode? That's awesome.
Targey

Postby KH81314 » 06 Feb 2013, 18:18

The arcade Games are enjoyable but I think Having them on the console are better. Not fair to compare console games to arcade ones though.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby smash-brother » 06 Feb 2013, 19:30

maybe you can port it to wii u or 3ds as a download or fullprice with the last two arcade efforts 8)
Jack, I'm only an elected official, i can't make decisions by myself
smash-brother

Postby thenintendoer » 06 Feb 2013, 19:33

would love to play this tried out the first one a few years back and absolutly loved it even if the items button was broken
thenintendoer

Postby shy guy 64 » 06 Feb 2013, 20:08

who's that character behind the map on screenshot 3?
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby abovethewell » 06 Feb 2013, 22:24

It's a shame to think the arcades are dying... I hope they get this for the arcade at the Trafford Centre, that would make my day!
I should probably insert some witty or meaningful piece of text here.
abovethewell

Postby CDS » 07 Feb 2013, 10:40

I've played the first two, to mixed results. Some had broken item buttons and one even had a very stiff acceleration gear.
But both are great, and I expect great things from this one.

As for arcades being dead, I'd say it's more like less maintenance on them. Any holiday park or bowling alley has a flourishing arcade. Although it would be nice to have standalone arcades.
CDS

Postby shy guy 64 » 07 Feb 2013, 11:55

shy guy 64 wrote:who's that character behind the map on screenshot 3?

never mind found out who it was
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby Waldy565 » 07 Feb 2013, 13:14

I'm gonna petition for an arcade of arcade machines in Derby so we can get this and I can play it locally, I commend the Japanese for still making Arcade places popular, I suppose we do too, but only in places like, er, Blackpool...
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Mr Roboto » 08 Feb 2013, 19:46

Please port this over to Wii U

It will boost hardware sales for months!
Mr Roboto