Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Sonic And All-Stars Racing Transformed 3DS videos

Comment on site articles.

Can it compete with Mario Kart 7? See for yourself

Following the Scribblenauts Unlimited delay, Sonic And All Stars Racing Transformed 3DS is the biggest release of the week. Set for release of Friday, Sonic's new racing game - like the Wii U original - finds the hog back on track with friends and enemies in cars that can transform into boats and planes.

... read more

Sonic And All-Stars Racing Transformed 3DS videos

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 06 Feb 2013, 12:48

Don't mind me, I'll just sit here and sing along to the music in the first video.

"Toot toot Sonic Warrior - Always takes a chance
Toot toot Sonic Warrior - Never says he can't
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive
Cause if you try, you can do anything!"

Also, how awesome is the After Burner theme? So underappreciated.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Re: Sonic And All-Stars Racing Transformed 3DS videos

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 06 Feb 2013, 13:29

so what's different about this version apart from the fact that u can play it in 3d ? also afterburner theme very awesome !
5OUNDWAVE

Postby Darkblizz » 06 Feb 2013, 13:49

Probably looks a lot less jaggedy on an actual 3DS screen. Mind you, this does look like a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed the last one. I think I'll have to pick it up.
Darkblizz

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 06 Feb 2013, 14:13

Not the greatest graphics,but I should think it'll look much better on an actual 3DS.
I've already got the Wii U version,so I don't really need this,but it's nice to see the 3DS getting it.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby Dalekbuster523 » 06 Feb 2013, 16:16

This looks like great fun.
Dalekbuster523

Postby Erdogan44 » 06 Feb 2013, 18:26

I've seen off-screen gameplay and the game looks pretty damn nice.

I don't think trailers and on-screen footage do 3DS games justice.
Computer - 21.5" iMac - i5 QuadCore 2.5Ghz - Radeon 6970M HD - 4GB DDR3 - 500GB HDD

3DS FriendCode - 4425-2273-6142
Erdogan44

Postby liveswired » 06 Feb 2013, 19:35

imbusydoctorwho wrote:Not the greatest graphics,but I should think it'll look much better on an actual 3DS.
I've already got the Wii U version,so I don't really need this,but it's nice to see the 3DS getting it.

What do you expect? its basically a slightly more powerful Wii. Anyways of course it will look alot better on the 3DS screen!

400x240 video feeds don't look that great when blown up onto a bigscreen! It looks impressively detailed for the 3DS!
liveswired

Postby KairiZero » 06 Feb 2013, 22:14

Excellent on the Wii U, I'm enjoying playing it very much :D

As wolves among sheep we wander
KairiZero

Postby fisher2007 » 06 Feb 2013, 23:07

looks like great fun but I'm not gonna buy it and i prefer Mario kart.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

3DS FC is 0130-1987-2452 If you add me then please PM me
fisher2007

Postby Waldy565 » 07 Feb 2013, 13:36

Pros: Very similar to Wii U in looks, no lag while going through transformation, good music, interesting courses... Cons: Very samey. (Pros and Cons based on trailers), Verdict: If I see this for £20 or under, will give a lot of positive consideration as to whether to buy this, and while I wait for my beloved MK on Wii U (started my MK journey on Wii) this should fill a gap, plus it's portable racing... Yeah, like MK7 and DS, PORTABLE racing! Plus, I just love the SEGA characters... start your gaming love affair with a Mega Drive though and that's what happens! (even though the only exclusive SEGA games I had were Sonic 1 and 2...)
EDIT: Unlike SAASR on Wii, the Wii U version didn't have many modes, which is why I think ONM rated it down (to quote: "the interest wanes quickly"), so hopefully the 3DS version will have some more interesting modes, I'm expecting a review, ONM! :D
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565