Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Wii Street U launches in Japan, Iwata celebrates by wearing

Comment on site articles.

This is why we love Iwata!

The ONM best Satoru Iwata moment for 2013 award has been picked already. Surely nothing can beat Satoru Iwata wearing a Google camera.

... read more

Wii Street U launches in Japan, Iwata celebrates by wearing

Postby Dark nemisis » 07 Feb 2013, 12:43

I hope we get this!
I haven't changed my signature in 6 years. Now that this forum is dead, I propose moving here: http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/ Although I'm not confident we will amount to much. It just won't feel the same.
Dark nemisis

Re: Wii Street U launches in Japan, Iwata celebrates by wear

Postby tpie123 » 07 Feb 2013, 18:53

god, this looks incredible, be a very nice feature for the future!!!
tpie123

Postby Mr Roboto » 07 Feb 2013, 20:46

As long as this stays free of charge when it comes out over here in rip off Britain it will be a great feature!
Mr Roboto

Postby vix_chan » 07 Feb 2013, 22:37

anyone else thing that they should do a walk mode where you use your wii fit board to walk the lengths of the earth.
Thanks for the votes everyone.
vix_chan

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 08 Feb 2013, 15:26

This is why I love Iwata. I can't think of many company presidents that are game for a laugh.

I'm wondering if Wii Street U is the final version of the Panorama View tech demo. I prefer the idae of this over the demo, although I think it wold be nice to add a function that lets you take a virtual guided tour with full audio description. Nintendo has experimented with similar software in the past (the 3DS Tour of the Louvre art gallery), so such a thing is a small possibility.

vix_chan wrote:anyone else thing that they should do a walk mode where you use your wii fit board to walk the lengths of the earth.

Either that or use the Wiimote and Nunchuck to jog like in Wii Fit and jog through a virtual Vegas strip, or even a well known marathon route.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator