Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave review

Comment on site articles.

Building a tiny slave army, one McDonald's hotspot at a time

Get out of your room, go outside and get some exercise. Stop wasting your time on that bloody machine." So ring the impassioned shouts of parents, partners and housemates with unnecessarily healthy levels of Vitamin D across the world. Of course, the best games trigger a bemused reaction: if it doesn't ever feel like your time is being wasted, then a game's done its job. The Denpa Men doesn't always fulfil that function, but mainly because it has chosen to do exactly what it wants instead.

... read more

The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave review

Postby tohaker » 09 Feb 2013, 23:13

The demo was pretty good so I agree with this review. Also, it reminds me a lot like Mystery Dungeon and can help bridge the gap between the release date and now.
tohaker

Re: The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave review

Postby fisher2007 » 09 Feb 2013, 23:21

I enjoy this game and i finish it last year. :D
fisher2007

Postby Greene-Stuff » 11 Feb 2013, 13:53

Have to say, I really enjoyed the demo, had a nice mixture of pokemon mystery dungeon and dragon quest gameplay :)
Nintendo Network ID : TheChubbyLad
If you follow me on MiiVerse, I'll follow you back!
3DS Friend Code: 2793 - 0583 - 4285
Greene-Stuff

Postby LOZanges » 11 Feb 2013, 19:19

I love this game and I can't wait for the sequel. The mystery dungeon X dragon quest gameplay is excellent and sooooooooo addictive. I give this a 8.5/10, for it does have its problems, though they're not game breakers.
I heard you like ONM. So I put an issue of ONM inside your issue of ONM so you can read ONM whilst you're reading ONM
LOZanges

Postby bol88 » 02 Mar 2013, 14:42

I'm considering buying this, but I'm not a huge fan of grinding and I'm not wholly sure if I'm prepared to pay £7 for it. Should I buy the Denpa Men?
bol88