Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

More Zelda: Wind Waker concept art emerges

Comment on site articles.

What was left out of Hyrule Historia?

The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia is packed with pictures and interesting facts for Zelda fans but there is more great concept art that didn't make it into the book. Take this Wind Waker artwork from the Zelda Guidebook which was released in Japan as part of the Zelda Box in 2002.

... read more

Postby Darkblizz » 11 Feb 2013, 11:28

Looking at this stuff, I wouldn't mind seeing a Wind Waker-style game where Link is a teenager. He looks pretty cool.
Darkblizz

Postby shy guy 64 » 11 Feb 2013, 11:29

are you guys going to post every image in hyrule historia?
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Re: More Zelda: Wind Waker concept art emerges

Postby tomonm » 11 Feb 2013, 11:47

Well, this isn't from Hyrule Historia.
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby shy guy 64 » 11 Feb 2013, 11:55

tomonm wrote:Well, this isn't from Hyrule Historia.

id have to double check most of them, but the concept art of the king of red lions is from hyrule histoira
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby mysticmuppet » 11 Feb 2013, 12:52

It would be nice to have a Zelda game where we see Link physically grow up, not OOT style but gradually over the time of the game. It would fit in nicely with the 'upgrade your equipment' system from SS.
mysticmuppet

Postby Tazer_Silverscar » 11 Feb 2013, 13:20

mysticmuppet wrote:It would be nice to have a Zelda game where we see Link physically grow up, not OOT style but gradually over the time of the game. It would fit in nicely with the 'upgrade your equipment' system from SS.

Would be nice, but a little difficult to implement. Also adult link in these looks horrible - he reminds me of the thoroughly dense Link from the Philips CD-I games >.>
Come visit my DA Gallery at ether-enereon.deviantart.com
3DS Friend Code: 2406 - 5207 - 9606
Tazer_Silverscar

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 11 Feb 2013, 13:50

shy guy 64 wrote:
tomonm wrote:Well, this isn't from Hyrule Historia.

id have to double check most of them, but the concept art of the king of red lions is from hyrule histoira

Some of the images do appear in the Hyrule Historia but most of them don't so it's okay.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Ys - Adol | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby Jakrabbit » 11 Feb 2013, 14:02

I also agree, an older looking Link would have been nice. I recon if they had gone with a more mature looking Link in the original it would sold better.
Jakrabbit