Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Ubisoft to release another Rayman Legends Wii U demo

Comment on site articles.

Will an exclusive demo make up for the delay?

Ubisoft will attempt to make up for the Rayman Legends delay by releasing an exclusive Wii U demo of the game ahead of its September release.

... read more

Postby D Gamer » 11 Feb 2013, 12:52

"Will an exclusive demo make up for the delay?"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
No.
*In Issue 76, 92 & 93* Thanks to I_A_E for the avvy and TJ for the sig!
D Gamer

Postby boxdude10 » 11 Feb 2013, 12:57

I'm sorry but a demo isn't good enough. The game is finished. We know that. Ubisoft didn't delay Assassin's Creed 3 so that it could be released on Wii U so why the hell are they waiting so long to release this?? It's unacceptable :x
BoxDude over and out
boxdude10

Re: Ubisoft to release another Rayman Legends Wii U demo

Postby tomonm » 11 Feb 2013, 13:03

D Gamer wrote:"Will an exclusive demo make up for the delay?"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
No.

I thought that would be the reaction!
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby franksello » 11 Feb 2013, 13:05

I doubt the people who have had this game preordered, or even those who bought the Wii U early for this title are going to be satisfied with another demo. The game is ready! The reason for the delay is purely financial, and has the potential to backfire badly on ubisoft. With the lack of new Wii U games out at the minute Rayman could have really made an impact, but releasing multi platform in September with games like GTA5 out and the countdown to Christmas and possible new consoles from Sony and Microsoft for people to wait for.... Could see Rayman sink into mediocrity, bad move Ubisoft, I think you ve lost a lot of fans.
Nintendo Network ID - franksello
franksello

Postby Tazer_Silverscar » 11 Feb 2013, 13:06

I'm not a big Rayman fan, but even I'm disgusted. Delaying a completed product is not on.
Come visit my DA Gallery at ether-enereon.deviantart.com
3DS Friend Code: 2406 - 5207 - 9606
Tazer_Silverscar

Postby Shinnos » 11 Feb 2013, 13:08

Yep, another demo is just insulting. If Ubisoft really "listened to fans" they'd be able to tell that what Wii U owners want isn't to be drip-fed a few more levels of a game that they won't let you have. You just have to look on Miiverse...

I'd be interested to know what Nintendo think of this. They seemed to be really supportive of Ubisoft – making a Zombi U bundle for the Wii U and making Rayman Legends available on in-store demo units. Ubisoft's decision seems like a real smack in the face after all that.
Shinnos

Postby lminett » 11 Feb 2013, 13:20

If anyones interested , i found out that Microsoft has a clause where if a game is going to launch multi platform that, the game must be released at the same time or before its rivals on the xbox 360. Meaning that if Ubisoft launched the game on the WiiU, MS would have said no to the game coming to the 360. Total crud eh?
Enjoy video game music and finding out about the composers? check out Ki11j0ys vault
http://www.youtube.com/user/KI11J0YSVAULT?feature=mhee
lminett

Postby adamatsu » 11 Feb 2013, 13:42

what an insult....ubisoft have truly disgraced themselves over this. i'll never buy another ubisoft game again.
adamatsu

Postby Commandervideo » 11 Feb 2013, 13:46

By the end of the year Wii U owners will have the whole game, but split across multiple demos. lol
My Colors!3D Gallery
THE BEST EQUALS = MK7 + SSBB + SM64
Commandervideo

Postby Ioannis83 » 11 Feb 2013, 13:49

Ioannis83

Postby Zaphod_B » 11 Feb 2013, 13:52

I'll let Darth Vader answer that for me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
Zaphod_B

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 11 Feb 2013, 14:06

I rather they add the NFC tech,and the online modes,that was revealed in the original trailer,than release another demo.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby yoshiller64 » 11 Feb 2013, 14:52

if i am correct the ps4 is coming out in november so releasing rayman legends 2 months before the new playstation comes out is pointless so they are most likely going to put it back another 2 months for the release of the ps4 wont they
yoshiller64

Postby K-tet » 11 Feb 2013, 15:20

Ubisoft to release another Rayman Legends demo for Wii U?

Ubisoft can keep their demo's. If they had listened to the vox populi, they'd realise that they've made a stupid mistake and should instead release the full game ahead of the PS3/360 port. Keeping a game back when it's virtually finished just to release it on the other systems is a bit cheap, and that's irrespective of market penetration.

I've said it before, so I'll say it again, I may pick it up once it's in the bargain bin.
K-tet

Postby alexkinch » 11 Feb 2013, 15:24

Well red steel, red steel 2, zombi u and the 2007 gba tmnt game are proof that ubisoft still love nintendo.

Thanks to MartinisAwesome for the sig,
Wii u Id is alexkinch
3ds FC is 2191 7652 3318
alexkinch

Postby tobes325 » 11 Feb 2013, 17:01

Yeah there isnt really anything they can do for wii u owners I dont think to make up for their decision. Its awful. Why they would delay it to make it available for all consoles when it was supposed to be a launch game for us anyway is appaling. I will be getting the game still because this doesnt change the fact it looks awesome, but I think they will lose alot of respect for this.
tobes325

Postby PeterR » 11 Feb 2013, 17:02

lminett wrote:If anyones interested , i found out that Microsoft has a clause where if a game is going to launch multi platform that, the game must be released at the same time or before its rivals on the xbox 360. Meaning that if Ubisoft launched the game on the WiiU, MS would have said no to the game coming to the 360. Total crud eh?

really? that sounds odd but interesting if true
PeterR

Postby goldenmushroom » 11 Feb 2013, 18:11

Ioannis83 wrote:Guys please help this petition

http://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft ... -the-wii-u

despite the fact i signed it im highly doubtful it will make a difference
I could put effort into finding a new sig but nah
goldenmushroom

Postby awesomeadam15 » 11 Feb 2013, 18:17

An exclusive demo doesn't make the situation any better, but at least Ubisoft tried to make it up to us.
GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!
Nintendo iD = Coatsy17
awesomeadam15

Postby yoshiller64 » 11 Feb 2013, 18:33

people keep signing petitions because the men in suits want money so the more people who sign the petitions the more likely they are going to release it in march because they realise how many people actually want and how many people will buy this game
yoshiller64

Postby King Slazo » 11 Feb 2013, 18:43

yoshiller64 wrote:people keep signing petitions because the men in suits want money so the more people who sign the petitions the more likely they are going to release it in march because they realise how many people actually want and how many people will buy this game

You do realise exponentially more people will buy this game now because its coming out on 360 and PS3, yeah? I'll tell you right now with confidence both of those versions will outsell the Wii-U one, petition or no petition.
~ a r r o g a n c e e t e r n a l ~ to tweetfinity and beyond
King Slazo
ONM Moderator

Postby LOZanges » 11 Feb 2013, 19:10

At least we've got another demo, it's not the end of the world. I love Rayman as much as the next 3,000 Ubisoft fanboys, but at least the game's coming out. I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so angry at Ubi, but my sanity's till intact. You seem to be able to wait for Animal Crossing New leaf, Luigi's mansion 2 and Aliens colonial marines, (It was announced 12 years ago. Still waiting.) but not this. Be happy you've got something rather than being the spoiled brats you are. Respect the developers, please. There's not point crying over spilt milk, as they say.
JoeONM: LOZanges is as good as Dynasty Warriors!

MatthewONM: LOZanges is nearly as good as me!

GavONM: LOZanges is as good as Nintendo Unleashed!
LOZanges

Postby K-tet » 11 Feb 2013, 19:48

LOZanges wrote:Respect the developers, please.

Allow me to pick you up on this. We respect the developers, but we do not take kindly to the executive decision to delay the game when it is, for all intents and purposes, finished and ready for release. Contrary to crying over spilt milk, if we believe what was said regarding the developers themselves stating that the Wii U version is complete, then you should aim this at Ubisoft's executive committee, not to the people who are both extremely annoyed and maligned at Ubisoft's baffling decision to delay a complete game until September.

I'm afraid another demo doesn't make up for this (at least in my opinion).

Edit:
King Slazo wrote:You do realise exponentially more people will buy this game now because its coming out on 360 and PS3, yeah? I'll tell you right now with confidence both of those versions will outsell the Wii-U one, petition or no petition.

That's because both the 360 and the PS3 have a greater total market share compared to the Wii U. Surely that's common knowledge. However, the main point isn't that the game is going multiplatform, it's solely that it's being delayed unnecessarily. If the game is finished, it makes more sense to release it now rather than wait until September and release it concurrently with the 360 and PS3 versions. The game itself was tailored for the Wii U to begin with. If the game is indeed ready for release, where's the reason for keeping it back until September? That's the only reason why people are petitioning.
Last edited by K-tet on 11 Feb 2013, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
K-tet

Postby Spyrolad » 11 Feb 2013, 19:51

well woohoo :/
Spyrolad

Postby TheSlenderman » 11 Feb 2013, 20:27

Horay!!!!!
I am so excited about this demo!!!! It has absolutely made my year!!! Forget WindWaker HD and Pikmin 3, this demo is the REAL hero of 2013!!!! :mrgreen:

Now look at the above paragraph again, but imagine it being said sarcastically. Yep.
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Next