Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Pokemon X and Y: 5 things we want to learn this week

Comment on site articles.

There's still so much left to learn about the first Pokemon 3DS adventures

The news that we will hear more information about Pokemon X and Y this week is very exciting. For as much as the Pokemon X and Y trailer revealed, it left us with many more questions and we're itching to learn more about what are arguably this year's biggest 3DS games.

... read more

Postby DynamicPunch202 » 11 Feb 2013, 17:05

I personally want to learn more about the new legendarys, We still don't know their types or why their legendarys. I want to know what kind of amazing powers they have. Though I would like to see the starter evolutions, since I still haven't made up my mind on which starter.
DynamicPunch202

Postby shy guy 64 » 11 Feb 2013, 17:08

i dont think we'll see the starter evolutions for a while
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Re: Pokemon X and Y: 5 things we want to learn this week

Postby Tamzily01 » 11 Feb 2013, 17:17

Finding out more about the new region would be nice. You can usually gain a decent amount of information by looking at the artwork for them.
Looking to get into Pathfinder RPG
3DS: 0688-5598-6231 NNID: RedGuard587
ImageImage
Youtube Tumblr Twitter
Tamzily01

Postby DisgruntledGoat » 11 Feb 2013, 17:31

Come on, clearly the #1 thing everybody is hoping for is "oh God please let Fennekin's evolution NOT be Fire/Fighting!"
DisgruntledGoat

Postby Dylan Tetlow » 11 Feb 2013, 18:13

i like the look of the new legendary but i think they need some good powers otherwise they will just look like stantler and mandibuzz evolutions :)
Dylan Tetlow

Postby Ollie Raiden » 11 Feb 2013, 18:49

I realised, with Black and White, that I seem to have a pattern with starters. Gen 1 and 2 were Charmander and Cyndaquil, Gen 3 and 4 were Treecko and Turtwig, Gen 5 was Oshawott so Gen 6 I'll be picking Froakie.
Also, my level 100 Sceptile from Gen 3 is still with me, never really cared about Blaziken that much.
Now to read the other 4 pages :D

DisgruntledGoat wrote:Come on, clearly the #1 thing everybody is hoping for is "oh God please let Fennekin's evolution NOT be Fire/Fighting!"

Also, THIS!
Ollie Raiden

Postby KH81314 » 11 Feb 2013, 19:07

The evolutions are what i'm waiting for most. New pokemon would also be nice to see.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby Combusken » 11 Feb 2013, 19:16

Instead of Fennekin's evolution being Fire/Fighting I would rather see Chespin's evolution get the Fighting type with Grass/Fighting.

I also hope Fennekin's evolution ends being Fire/Dark.
Combusken

Postby Scraggy man » 11 Feb 2013, 19:33

A good solid story this time. Mix it up from Gyms and Elite four and have us be backtracking and exploring. A bit like in Diamond and Pearl when you had to get to the libary and then run to all three lakes. Also a few new Pokemon can never hurt.
Scraggy man

Postby RiksilveR » 11 Feb 2013, 19:53

I have to say I'm more interested in the legendaries and the story than the starter evolutions. Pokemon really needs to pay more attention to the storytelling, and the legendaries would no doubt play a large part in that.
And I have to admit, I want to see some diagonal walking. It's not just that X and Y are in 3D and they deserve it; it's the fact that it'll be an easy source of ridicule for the cynics, and I really want these games to succeed. With any luck we just haven't seen any yet because its an early demo and they're keeping it gridlocked for now.
RiksilveR

Postby HughPR » 11 Feb 2013, 20:57

DisgruntledGoat wrote:Come on, clearly the #1 thing everybody is hoping for is "oh God please let Fennekin's evolution NOT be Fire/Fighting!"

Never was a truer word spoken! I loved Blaziken, then Infernape (imo) was meh, and Emboar I just couldn't see the point (although when I restarted White 2 and had all 3 starters I have to admit that he was good). Pure fire would be nice :)

The thing is, I said that about 4th and 5th, as did many I think; so far I'm not amazed, but Nintendo well and truly have their pokeclaws into me (and have done since R/B), and I won't be able to let go. I'll want to...during a couple of months of hype, but as soon as GAME allows pre-orders complete with a little legendary figurine, I'm sold, and I will wait anxiously in the weeks leading up to release. Curse you pokemon!!!
HughPR

Postby fisher2007 » 11 Feb 2013, 22:35

Finding out about Yveltal, Xerneas also other new legendaries.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

3DS FC is 0130-1987-2452 If you add me then please PM me
fisher2007

Postby awesomeadam15 » 11 Feb 2013, 23:51

I would be extremely pleased if Game Freak announced that there would be more than one save file, I'm sick of having to delete all my hard work if I want to start a new game or do the Nuzlocke challenge, come on Game Freak throw me a bone here!
GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!
Nintendo iD = Coatsy17
awesomeadam15

Postby PikachuKJ » 12 Feb 2013, 01:09

I hope there will be customisation, cool evolutions, an awesome story and an ability to walk diagonally. Hopefully we will get some good news very soon. I'm still getting it regardless (already preordered). I can't wait to see new pokemon and images.
Pikachu I choose you!!!!
PikachuKJ

Postby Mew3 » 12 Feb 2013, 10:06

Serebii have some info RIGHT NOW!
Mew3

Postby BrychanCymru » 12 Feb 2013, 10:24

New Pokémon Ninfia revealed in CoroCoro

its a new eeveelution btw follow this link: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_Pokémon_Ninfia_revealed_in_CoroCoro
I am awesome
BrychanCymru

Postby oh seven » 12 Feb 2013, 22:44

When they said about global release etc. it got me thinking it would be pretty neat to have a globe-trotting scenario. Planes have been introduced before and even space travel so it shocks me that we haven't been able to venture to another region since Gold & Silver. I would quite enjoy the idea of travelling around the world leading to an eventual global tournament. Could have different modes of transport to move between continents (which would act as mini-regions) such as a ship or underground train (like the channel tunnel) etc. and then once you have cleared that continent the airport opens to allow you to travel between all visited continents.
oh seven

Postby themightyboar » 12 Feb 2013, 23:08

the thinner pikachu gets the weaker he gets bring back fat pikachu in old games he was a force even in emerald my lv 55 pikachu took down a lv 65 salamance after being toxic-ed. he was strong enough to become a starter in pokemon yellow what happened to that? if things carry on by this version he will basically be a yellow magikarp
themightyboar