Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

BAFTA 2013 nominations: Black Ops 2, Assassin's Creed and LE

Comment on site articles.

No nominations for Nintendo this year

FIFA 13, Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2, Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect 3, Skylanders Giants, Just Dance 4 and the LEGO Batman and Lord Of The Rings games have each received nominations for the BAFTA awards 2013.

... read more

BAFTA 2013 nominations: Black Ops 2, Assassin's Creed and LE

Postby reeesy » 12 Feb 2013, 12:16

Shame Nintendo doesn't really get a mention.
Not a huge surprise though. The last year has been more about winding down the Wii and launching the WiiU. I'm sure we'll see a stronger Nintendo presence at the Baftas once the big 1st party titles come.
reeesy

Re: BAFTA 2013 nominations: Black Ops 2, Assassin's Creed an

Postby Mmmyeah » 12 Feb 2013, 12:52

reeesy wrote:Shame Nintendo doesn't really get a mention.
Not a huge surprise though. The last year has been more about winding down the Wii and launching the WiiU. I'm sure we'll see a stronger Nintendo presence at the Baftas once the big 1st party titles come.
I doubt there will much of a Nintendo presence, and even if there is, they wont win much.

Sorry to be so frank but these awards just don't seem to be for the Nintendo style of gaming. They seem to be focused around a side of gaming I am not that keen on and that is games that try to be like movies. Its basically just like watching a terrible movie except every now and then you have to press a button or else the movie ends and you have to watch that same part again, unlike the style of gaming I like which is where the gameplay is actually relevant and the story is told through it. They really should leave the cinematics to cinema and concentrate on making games that do what games do best, instead of mimicking what films do best.

I think that gaming would be better if every developer played Link's Awakening, that's a game that does it right!
Hey Reggie, where's the cats?
Mmmyeah

Postby jaco_p » 12 Feb 2013, 13:28

Yeah i think Nintendoland should have got a mention as it's ace
i've met mario!!XD twice!
pm me someone please for wario diy, MH3, mariokart wii, brawl, etc i've got loadsa online games doing nuffin!
check out my registered games :-) http://www.nintendo-europe.com/user/jaco_pastorius
jaco_p

Postby FamilyGAMEGuy8 » 12 Feb 2013, 13:32

Since there's no Nintendo, I guess I'm rooting for The Walking Dead...
FamilyGAMEGuy8: The self-proclaimed No.1 Mario and Sonic fan in all of Taunton!
FamilyGAMEGuy8

Postby Targey » 12 Feb 2013, 14:14

Black Ops II got nominated for Game Innovation in 2013.

:|
Targey

Postby KH81314 » 12 Feb 2013, 15:08

Nintendo didn't do too much until the end of the year. This year is where we should see some good stuff coming out.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby danbish » 12 Feb 2013, 15:39

What? What a joke. Nintendo Land deserves it on it's own due to how well the game has been thought out, the way the GamePad and Wii Remotes have been implemented and the sheer bucket loads of enjoyment it provides.
3DS: 0920-1615-5762. NNID: TheFatPlumber. PM me if you add me & I'll add you back.
Yes I am a Nintendo fanboy, no I don't care. Dorkly
danbish

Postby Xenobladeperson » 12 Feb 2013, 17:40

Awful nominations.
Nintendo Ninja wrote:Never fear everything can be resolved by a large amount of violence
Xenobladeperson