Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Pokemon Rumble U announced

Comment on site articles.

Wii U sequel to Pokemon Rumble coming to Japan this Spring

The first Pokemon Wii U game has been confirmed in the latest edition of CoroCoro magazine. Called Pokemon Rumble U, it's the follow up to the 2009 WiiWare game Pokemon Rumble and has a Spring 2013 Japanese release date.

... read more

Postby SnorlaxMonster » 12 Feb 2013, 13:38

The video doesn't work because the account has been disabled.

EDIT: It's been fixed. Thanks.
Last edited by SnorlaxMonster on 12 Feb 2013, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
SnorlaxMonster

Postby kallymsmarties » 12 Feb 2013, 13:39

I have to be honest but I quite enjoyed Pokemon Rumble. Not exactly the first game I would of done for Wii U but more of a game to have at the side while you get some kind of Pokemon Stadium game for it but better and faster than Battle Revolution.
kallymsmarties

Re: Pokemon Rumble U announced

Postby FamilyGAMEGuy8 » 12 Feb 2013, 13:49

You know, when the video's title starts with One Direction, I'm not really inclined to want to watch it.
FamilyGAMEGuy8: The self-proclaimed No.1 Mario and Sonic fan in all of Taunton!
FamilyGAMEGuy8

Postby nintenu » 12 Feb 2013, 14:14

FamilyGAMEGuy8 wrote:You know, when the video's title starts with One Direction, I'm not really inclined to want to watch it.

Same here ...not a great way to promote the Pokémon brand (game), what were Nintendo thinking??
:roll:
NintenU One Game at a Time!
Be a part of it ...Join the Staff!
nintenu

Postby choclate-milk » 12 Feb 2013, 14:34

nintenu wrote:Same here ...not a great way to promote the Pokémon brand (game), what were Nintendo thinking??
:roll:

Pokémon is a wholesome, family-friendly franchise aimed at children.

One Direction are wholesome, family-friendly boy band aimed at children.

Starting to see the connection yet...?
choclate-milk
ONM Moderator

Postby King Slazo » 12 Feb 2013, 14:46

Honestly would've thought Super Pokémon Rumble would've sated anyone's need for any more Rumble games, but I guess it sold really well or something.
~ if we make it through the night we'll watch the morning sun ~ endless tweetnobabble
King Slazo
ONM Moderator

Postby S0raBuzz » 12 Feb 2013, 15:19

I think most people would prefer a new (inevitable) stadium game or even a snap game. I suppose Rumble is good for kids but I find it gets quite boring after a while. They should have at least waited until the 6th gen was out since the 3DS game already has gen 1-5, still I guess I'll have to get it since I have a habit of buying every Pokemon game whether it's good or not.
S0raBuzz

Postby Scraggy man » 12 Feb 2013, 16:17

Kind of hoping for something better for the Wii U's first Pokemon game.
Scraggy man

Postby IPecksU » 12 Feb 2013, 16:37

But Pokemon rumble is just so....meh. Kind of disappointed that this is pokemon's wii u debut. With any luck it'll change things around enough to get me excited but that seems unlikely given the track record for pokemon sequels.
IPecksU

Postby natchoman 456 » 12 Feb 2013, 17:26

i do not think that this will be the best pokemon game for the wii u but i am glad that pokemon have finally decided to make a pokemon wii u game :mrgreen:
natchoman 456

Postby kirlia trainer » 12 Feb 2013, 17:33

Oh no... Can't they just make a good Pokémon game for the wii-consoles? Pokémon rumble is boring and it's just button smashing.
I want to be a Pokémon master, I want to be a hero like Link. Want to eat like an Yoshi, what to you think?
kirlia trainer

Postby EighteenSky » 12 Feb 2013, 17:41

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the 3DS game, simplistic yes but a lot of fun and some parts represented a good challenge. Still not enough to make me want a Wii U though it helps.
EighteenSky

Postby CraigEmberson » 12 Feb 2013, 21:54

kirlia trainer wrote:Oh no... Can't they just make a good Pokémon game for the wii-consoles? Pokémon rumble is boring and it's just button smashing.

I've said this many times before and I'll say it again...

3DS is not a DS console.
Wii U is not a Wii console

DS and DSi are 7th Generation consoles.
3DS is an 8th Generation console.

Wii is a 7th Generation console.
Wii U is an 8th Generation console.

All they did is reuse the DS and Wii names for familiarity, so more people would transition from the old consoles to the new - It's like a brand, just like "PlayStation" and "XBox" names.
Craig-E
CraigEmberson

Postby parker-skywalker » 13 Feb 2013, 01:23

dam it this is not the Pokemon people want where is my Pokemon snap dam it !!!
parker-skywalker

Postby Waldy565 » 13 Feb 2013, 11:18

Really? You posted a One Direction trailer vid? Kk, I never played the original (hardly used the Wii Shop tbh, only downloaded SMB3, SMW, Hydroventure, OoT, MM and SM64) and my poke-mad mate got the 3DS game... I enjoyed it, but I knew it would only keep me entertained for a few days, if that... It was just SO linear, I suppose I could keep myself entertained by collecting all the Pokemon, but I'd rather do that on the main game series... Hopefully the devs can add something new to this game, something ground-breaking... It's what the games need!
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Waldy565 » 13 Feb 2013, 11:24

S0raBuzz wrote:I think most people would prefer a new (inevitable) stadium game or even a snap game. I suppose Rumble is good for kids but I find it gets quite boring after a while. They should have at least waited until the 6th gen was out since the 3DS game already has gen 1-5, still I guess I'll have to get it since I have a habit of buying every Pokemon game whether it's good or not.

Have a friend EXACTLY like you, he has like 300 pokemon figs, so many TCG cards (I quite like the cards though too) and has almost all the D/P Pokemon Adventure Manga (he, like myself, is quite the avid manga collecter) ... In fact, I think the only game he hasn't got is Pokemon Typing Adventure, maybe Red/Blue, Silver and Crystal also (might get him that, Typing Adventure that is, for his birthday :D)
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565