Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Michel Ancel pleads with Ubisoft to release Rayman Legends n

Comment on site articles.

Rayman development team want Legends to be released on Wii U now

Release Rayman Legends now! That's the message from Rayman creator Michel Ancel who joined the Rayman Legends development team to protest against Ubisoft's decision to delay the game so that it may be released at the same time as the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions.

... read more

Postby Ioannis83 » 12 Feb 2013, 16:33

Wow this made my day!
Ioannis83

Postby ledreppe » 12 Feb 2013, 16:33

There's an online petition if you want to sign it do a google search. I didn't bother myself as I don't think it'll do any good.
Nintendo Network ID: BigAl79
3DS Friend Code
Getting: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Rayman Legends.
Mii QR Code
Twitter
YouTube
Where Nintendo lead, others follow!
ledreppe

Re: Michel Ancel pleads with Ubisoft to release Rayman Legen

Postby Ioannis83 » 12 Feb 2013, 16:39

ledreppe wrote:There's an online petition if you want to sign it do a google search. I didn't bother myself as I don't think it'll do any good.

I think I have signed it 10 times by now lol.
Ioannis83

Postby GiftedGimp » 12 Feb 2013, 16:43

Ubi are getting a lot of flak over delaying WiiU Rayman.
Critism from media, Fans & even other developers and publishers, along with thier in-house development team/s.
Rayman isn't going to be released in the next few weeks thats for sure but I can see it being released within the next couple of months.

Trouble is if Ubi relent by not delaying Rayman untill september WiiU owners need to purchase the game as if after all the commotion it sales are low or even only average then Ubi will be able to justify why they opted for the delay and it opens the door for them to neglect the WiiU on future projects.
Of course if they were to release Rayman earlier than september and the sales were High then it could not only secure Ubisoft support for the system it could also make other developers/publishers who have been reluctant to be (fully) supportive on WiiU to reconsider thier position.
GiftedGimp

Postby CyberGW » 12 Feb 2013, 17:07

Wow. That's good.
I actually sent a letter to Ubisoft this morning, don't know if it will do anything (but hey, there's strength in numbers)and I tried to be as nice as possible while still getting my view across strongly.
If have also signed the petition, so hopefully with the developers, the media and the public on our side, we'll get somewhere.
Current Favourite Game: Tomodachi Life
Most Anticipated Game: Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS
NNID: CyberGW
CyberGW

Postby torterratrainer » 12 Feb 2013, 17:25

although i wont be getting it, got quite close to it - i fully support the march release date in its entirety, none of this XBOX/PS3 stuff conjoint.

ROLL ON THE LIBERATION OF MONTPELIA!
Torterratrainer has evolved into AzureRathalos!
Hey monster Hunter fans! check out the guild hall on chatango for monster hunter chats and mingling :)
http://mhunterguildhall.chatango.com/
torterratrainer

Postby debris » 12 Feb 2013, 17:52

I noticed on the WiiU eShop the new demo is coming on the 28 of this month...... It's good to see the dev team standing up for the game.
debris

Postby Cidiyance » 12 Feb 2013, 18:19

Oh hell yeah! This is what I wanted to see from the development team, the producers themselves would make me their enemy if they refused!
Let the fire burn, the Hero die and the world turning into a shadow of light! Time has come for you to challenge me!
Cidiyance

Postby AaronMclaren » 12 Feb 2013, 18:27

This is absolutely awesome to see! Good on 'em, I say. :) Hopefully Ubisoft are really paying attention to the backlash they've caused with this, as this one of those cases where all this press can quite possibly destroy their public image.
AaronMclaren

Postby L_A » 12 Feb 2013, 18:31

Just a quick heads-up : the guy in the 1st picture is actually a fan, who went to Ubisoft Montpellier to protest against the delay. He met the developers then. But it's not Ubi Montpellier protesting against the delay, it's just a fan.

> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

I think you (and Eurogamer) should edit your article ;)
L_A

Postby K-tet » 12 Feb 2013, 20:25

Well this is certainly a good thing. That's definitely Ancel in the picture. As to whom the other two gentlemen are, they could well be part of the dev team. The picture however could be from a fan, or it could be from one of the dev team. Either way, it's the message they're portraying that counts.

Who knows? Perhaps the campaign has got a chance. It will be a massive victory for the vox populi if Ubisoft do retract their decision and release the Wii U version in February/March. Time will tell.
K-tet

Postby adamatsu » 12 Feb 2013, 20:34

brilliant, good luck to these guys!!
adamatsu

Postby Nintendalek42 » 12 Feb 2013, 21:12

:) Excellent. Hopefully this will have some effect, though I doubt it actually will. Good on the Dev Team for voicing their protest/supporting fans in their protest.
Nintendalek42

Postby Mr Roboto » 12 Feb 2013, 22:07

Just goes to show what madness this whole situation is!

The games finished and polished up so just release it and help the Wii U sale some units at the sometime.
Mr Roboto

Postby franksello » 12 Feb 2013, 22:56

Are we perhaps being fooled by a truly original attempt to advertise a game?

Maybe the marketing guys at Ubisoft had the balls to try something new?

I mean all the coverage, petitions and anger, not many games get all this attention, if they relent and just release the game now... Maybe they are on to the fact that there no such thing as bad publicity.
Nintendo Network ID - franksello
franksello

Postby TheSlenderman » 12 Feb 2013, 23:32

I hate being pessimistic, but I highly doubt that anything will happen. :(
However, I really hope that something does happen as we have been waiting for this game for ages and it is now finished. Blast those corporate morons!
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby parker-skywalker » 13 Feb 2013, 01:07

franksello wrote:Are we perhaps being fooled by a truly original attempt to advertise a game?

Maybe the marketing guys at Ubisoft had the balls to try something new?

I mean all the coverage, petitions and anger, not many games get all this attention, if they relent and just release the game now... Maybe they are on to the fact that there no such thing as bad publicity.

If you are right then they would have been crazy smart. As i was on the fence about this game but would buy it if it came out in Feb to show support of wiiu. However I dont think they are messing us about and so i wont buy this game and regret giving them money for zombi u
parker-skywalker

Postby Kirby8 » 13 Feb 2013, 01:20

Ubisoft need to listen up.
Also known as NintendoMad888.
2-4-6-8
what pink blob do we love not hate?
k-i-rb-y
Kirbys a blob all day and night!!!

PARAMORE ROCKS!!!
NINTENDO 4 LIFE!!
COME ON MARIO PAINT WII (OR DS???)!!!
Kirby8

Postby tomonm » 13 Feb 2013, 09:41

L_A wrote:Just a quick heads-up : the guy in the 1st picture is actually a fan, who went to Ubisoft Montpellier to protest against the delay. He met the developers then. But it's not Ubi Montpellier protesting against the delay, it's just a fan.

> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

I think you (and Eurogamer) should edit your article ;)

Good spot! I think by holding the banner, Ubisoft Montpellier are endorsing the fan's protest
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby linkmarth29 » 13 Feb 2013, 20:16

Well it's nice to know that Ancel is actually on our side. Still needs more signers of the petition. I wonder if they've got some kind of ' if you get to 1,000,000 people we'll undelay (if that's a word) the game.' I hope so.
TheBlackParade29. (nnid)
In case you can't tell, I like MCR. I'm a huge movie fan, and am looking for a job as a Film Director. I also play the bass.
linkmarth29