Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Pokemon X and Y: First official Sylveon artwork

Comment on site articles.

Ninfia has a new name!

New Pokemon Sylveon has been officially unveiled by the Pokemon Company. This Pokemon was revealed as Ninfia in Japanese magazine CoroCoro earlier in the week but now we have the UK name plus the first official artwork for the Pokemon who will appear in Pokemon X and Y.

... read more

Postby GloverMist » 14 Feb 2013, 14:04

I'm guessing (or at least hoping) that it is a stronger Normal-type. If it is, it has the potential to be awesome!
I've got two words for you, people: FALCON and PUNCH!
By the way, check out and subscribe to my YouTube channel! I'm currently doing a Let's Play of Super Smash Bros. Brawl!
GloverMist

Re: Pokemon X and Y: First official Sylveon artwork

Postby Tamzily01 » 14 Feb 2013, 14:06

Sylveon, eh? Quite like the name, though its typing is still something I'm unsure of. Though for the time being, my guess is Flying.
Looking to get into Pathfinder RPG
3DS: 0688-5598-6231 NNID: RedGuard587
ImageImage
Youtube Tumblr Twitter
Tamzily01

Postby K-tet » 14 Feb 2013, 14:08

Sylveon huh? Not a bad name actually. No doubt the name is derived from trees that grow in a specific region (sylva, variant of silva, which is wood, applied botanically to trees growing in an area).

Still doesn't help us on what type it is. A teaser trailer showed it has Aura Sphere, Trump Card, Protect, and Swift. Hmm...

Thoughts anyone?
K-tet

Postby lrwr14 » 14 Feb 2013, 14:11

Those eyes look like two giant bug eyes, so poison would be my guess, or Ghost. It could even be a duel type, which would be a first.
Imagine a really cool picture here.
lrwr14

Postby shy guy 64 » 14 Feb 2013, 14:13

cool
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby lrwr14 » 14 Feb 2013, 14:17

Using my limited knowledge of Japanese- In Ninfia the word fia means fear. So it's possible that it's a ghost type.
Imagine a really cool picture here.
lrwr14

Postby TheSlenderman » 14 Feb 2013, 14:25

What if this pokemon simply has no type at all? Dun-dun-duuun. :mrgreen:
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby willz968 » 14 Feb 2013, 14:57

Looking way too into this but whatever :p
On that image with all the Eeveelutions, each of the opposite Pokemon have types that are strong/weak against each other
Jolteon and Sylveon are opposite each other, so to have that strong/weak dynamic it would have to either be Flying or Ground - of which Flying seems to be the most likely

Aside from that though, my initial guesses were between Flying, Bug (though these two dont seem very obvious), a Normal typed evolution - heck it could even be a new type hence the mystery, Light type maybe? Yeah I know that's a lot of guesses, I just can't decide. :p

However I did read a comment on the youtube page for the Sylveon trailer that seemed like it could be quite likely. They pointed out that it could be a female Normal evolution, and a male Normal evolution could be announced later - which would fit in with the X & Y name of the games.
willz968

Postby CraigEmberson » 14 Feb 2013, 14:58

Flying type... Flareon, Umbreon and Leafeon are all directly opposite to those they are most effective against. Jolteon is opposing Sylveon, meaning she could only be a flying type if this pattern is anything to go by.
Craig-E
CraigEmberson

Postby Jarmez » 14 Feb 2013, 16:09

My guess is that it's a Normal type. It'll be interesting to see how Eevee evolves into Sylveon. Stone? Friendship? Level up via a certain Route? Contest stat (like Feebas to Milotic through max beauty and level up), a good excuse to bring back contests and to connect to the eventual R/S 3DS remakes? Or perhaps via new method? In the video, it showed a variety of attacks, such as that large sphere attack, an attack with cards, and stars (it looks like the move Swift, a Normal type move), so it looks like a Normal type (Plus I would've thought a Flying type Eeveelution would have the common characteristics of flying types, wings).

CraigEmberson wrote:Flying type... Flareon, Umbreon and Leafeon are all directly opposite to those they are most effective against. Jolteon is opposing Sylveon, meaning she could only be a flying type if this pattern is anything to go by.
A great deduction, but Leafeon (Grass) is weak against both Flareon (Fire) and Glaceon (Ice), but strong against Vaporeon (Water). Vaporeon is strong against Flareon, but is weak against Leafeon and Jolteon (Electric). Glaceon is weak against Flareon. Umbreon (Dark) is strong against Espeon (Psychic). So that wheel doesn't show simple opposites.
Image Graphics | Image T-shirts, phone cases, and pillows | Image Tweets | Image Jarmez | Image Jarmez7 | Image Jarmez7
Please say who you are in Friend Request message, otherwise I'll delete it. ._.
Jarmez

Postby KH81314 » 14 Feb 2013, 17:09

I think it will be normal type but I hope it isn't because eevee is alreay a normal type.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby faydaway » 14 Feb 2013, 20:23

New type the reason they have not revealed the type is because its a new type yet to be revealed :D
faydaway