Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Nintendo Direct proves it's a great time to be a 3DS owner

Comment on site articles.

Three great games coming in the next six weeks and that's just the beginning, says Chandra Nair

So, what did you think of today's Nintendo Direct? It's great to finally get solid release dates for the games we've all been waiting for. For 3DS we've got Castlevania on March 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on March 22 and Luigi's Mansion 2 on March 28.

... read more

Postby alexjones94 » 14 Feb 2013, 18:05

I'm so stoked for Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. The graphics are a bit underwhelming, but they're not the be all and end all. Should be a lot of fun when it launches.
alexjones94

Postby Toastie » 14 Feb 2013, 18:08

I'm absolutely delighted about the announcement of Inazuma Eleven 3. I was afraid that Nintendo wouldn't localise it, so it's great to see it coming over here (in 3D too!)
I HAVE CHORTLES.
Toastie

Postby Darkblizz » 14 Feb 2013, 18:09

How is it a brand new Donkey Kong game? It's the exact same one we had on Wii however many years ago.
Darkblizz

Re: Nintendo Direct proves it's a great time to be a 3DS own

Postby MatthewONM » 14 Feb 2013, 18:13

Darkblizz wrote:How is it a brand new Donkey Kong game? It's the exact same one we had on Wii however many years ago.

New for 3DS owners. I think it's a good fit, if only to lose the terrible waggle controls they used for rolling. Time trials will be much friendlier with a roll button.
MatthewONM
ONM Staff

Postby abovethewell » 14 Feb 2013, 18:22

Just saying, the Mario an Luigi link just directs you to the page itself :P
I should probably insert some witty or meaningful piece of text here.
abovethewell

Postby retrotoad » 14 Feb 2013, 18:29

Didn't Chris say ages ago on a Podcast that he thought that DKCR was originally a 3DS game? Seems like his theory could be right.

EDIT: Could've been Steve actually, I can't remember.
Last edited by retrotoad on 14 Feb 2013, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
Credit to Mr. Nintendo and TJ Hiphop.
retrotoad

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 14 Feb 2013, 18:32

This Nintendo Direct was a lot less exciting than I was expecting. Some good looking games coming out, but I doubt I'll get any of them other than Luigi's Mansion 2.
Free Nintendo points codes, 3DS and Wii U eShop codes, and many others here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr

Postby C00LI098 » 14 Feb 2013, 18:41

I'm not particularly impressed by any of this. I'm really not interested in buying DKCR again, especially so soon after its initial release. The only 3DS games that I'll consider buying over the next few months are Luigi's Mansion 2 and New Leaf. Hopefully we get news of Zelda 3DS in the near future (and a Zelda 3DS XL :wink: ).
C00LI098

Postby me4ndubz » 14 Feb 2013, 18:50

ANIMAL CROSSING!!!! I can't contain my excitement I'm so happy!!! :D
me4ndubz

Postby yubel » 14 Feb 2013, 19:16

Today's Nintendo Direct has enforced the notion that my 3DS library will be bumped significantly this year. I'm especially looking forward to Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Mario & Luigi and Lego City Undercover.
-Nintendo Yubellion-
PSN:Alex-Haldane
Nobody ever died being too careful
yubel

Postby AdamisAwesome » 14 Feb 2013, 19:22

I don't care about the other game's
just animal crossing
JUST ANIMAL CROSSING
AdamisAwesome

Postby blu fire » 14 Feb 2013, 19:32

Cant wait for Monster hunter 3 ultimate,Mario luigi dream team, Mario and donkey kong,Lego city undercover and luigis mansion 2. There is only one downside to this. WHY FOR THE LOVE IS THERE A REMAKE OF DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS. IT IS FAR TO EARLY AND I WILL NOT PAY £30 TO PLAY A GREAT GAME WITH NEARLY SAME GRAPHICS ON A SMALLER SCREEN. ... still there are some good games this year.
blu fire

Postby TheSlenderman » 14 Feb 2013, 19:35

I'm pretty excited about Luigi's Mansion 2, especially since I never played the original, and Mario golf, too, caught my eye, which was surprising, as I have never played a golf game ( besides the one on wii sports ). Actually, come to think of it, I have never played a Mario sports game, so I will defiantly check this out!
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby shy guy 64 » 14 Feb 2013, 19:37

with pokemon x and y, animal crossing and mario and luigi dream team id have to agree
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby Bhaggie » 14 Feb 2013, 19:44

All of these games look good but I hope Nintendo release a Mario Strikers game on the 3DS
Bhaggie

Postby KH81314 » 14 Feb 2013, 19:50

Year of Luigi indeed. So may great stuff coming to the Wii U and the 3Ds.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby CyberGW » 14 Feb 2013, 19:52

Huzzah for Inazuma Eleven 3! And I predicted it! Wahoo!
Current Favourite Game: Tomodachi Life
Most Anticipated Game: Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS
NNID: CyberGW
CyberGW

Postby Big Fly Walking » 14 Feb 2013, 20:16

Animal Crossing and Mario Golf this summer? Yes!
Big Fly Walking

Postby cheatmaster30 » 14 Feb 2013, 20:41

No kidding. 2013 will be a great year for Wii U owners too. I mean, what's essentially a new 2D Mario game, Game and Wario, Pikmin 3, Rayman, a new 3D Mario and a new Mario Kart are all likely sometime within the year.

It's a Nintendo fans dream come true!
A Good Nintendo 3DS Forum
Someone I'm friends with owns the above.
Want Super Mario 3D Land news and info? Click here
Proud subscriber, Waluigious writer, game modder, world record attempter and ex glitch hunter.
cheatmaster30

Postby Scraggy man » 14 Feb 2013, 20:43

Year of Luigi? Could well be Nintendo's year as well.
Scraggy man

Postby 3ds234 » 14 Feb 2013, 21:32

It wasn't that good for me.I'm not really excited about most of the things shown.I'll get MH3U,luigi's mansion,I might get Mario golf and splash or crash and pokemon X and Y(but it wasn't shown for long) I think thats all.Im disappointed that they didnt show Lego City the chase begins :(
3ds fc: 1719-3432-0688. Animal Crossing Dream suite address:6200-2218-5065 .Xbox Live: ciaranm 281. Pm me if you add me on any of them.

Currently playing:Monster Hunter 3,Pokemon Y/black2,GTA V,Battlefield 4,COD Black Ops 2, Borderlands 2.
3ds234

Postby Not_Yeti » 14 Feb 2013, 21:36

As a young wipper snapper I ask; What did you do before Nintendo Direct? Where did you go to get all the latest knowledges?
Not_Yeti

Postby K-tet » 14 Feb 2013, 23:14

It wasn't a bad presentation. The Fire Emblem 3DS definitely makes up for us having to wait for the game, and both the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Wii U and 3DS bundles are definitely cool, and should help shift systems. Luigi's Mansion 2 gets a concrete release date too, so that's good also. I'm definitely pleased that Code of Princess is getting a release in Europe too. I'll definitely pick that up.

I actually downplayed my hope that we'd get news on Bravely Default: Flying Fairy. I doubt it'll get released outside of Japan but a part of me really wants it to be localised. It's such a good game. No news on Scribblenauts Unlimited however is alarming. Also, while I'm slightly indifferent (though actually not that supportive) of DKC Returns getting a 3D remaster, I'll bite. The Wii version wasn't a bad game by any means, but compared to Rare's efforts, it was certainly lacking.

I'm a little annoyed that Nintendo have the stance that 2013 will be the Year of Luigi when they really should press home the head start they have with the Wii U. I know Nintendo like to think differently, but with all the negative press they've received so far coupled with questionable third-party support for the system, I guess it would've been nice for them to talk more about making the most of this advantage they've got coupled with more discussion on 3DS to Wii U connectivity on the whole. Wishful thinking from my part for sure.

All in all, it gives us enough to enjoy for when E3 rolls up, and that's when Nintendo need to press home the advantage.
K-tet

Postby Dan-the-Wii-man » 14 Feb 2013, 23:36

Is donkey kong a remake or a new game?
Playing Zombi U and Nintendo Land and saving to buy Paper Mario. NNID SingSongDan :D
Dan-the-Wii-man

Postby theycallmejack » 15 Feb 2013, 00:06

I couldn't help but think that graphically the games were a majorly mixed bag. Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 2 look absolutely stunning but Mario and Luigi: Dream Team and Inazuma Eleven were ugly as sin. I suppose for the former they've got a long time until release but I really think it needs to be a key area of focus. Graphics don't make a game but there's no excuse for them to be sub par, especially when Nintendo is showing off the 3DS' graphical muscle with the games I mentioned before...
theycallmejack

Next