Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow demo coming to 3DS, new trailer

Comment on site articles.

Download the demo this month

Konami have announced that a Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow - Mirror Of Fate demo will be available to download in the UK from 28 February, one week before the full game is released.

... read more

Postby lrwr14 » 15 Feb 2013, 11:58

Not as bothered about the game as I was before. I was hoping the gameplay (fighting mainly) would be similar to the classic ones.
Imagine a really cool picture here.
lrwr14

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 15 Feb 2013, 12:02

The news of a demo is fantastic! It is one of those games that I've been very interested in but a bit wary of at the same time. I've seen a few examples of classic Japanese game franchises being revived by western developers with very mixed results.
That said, Mr. David Cox there gave a good pitch, and the fact that I can at least try it out for myself is very much appreciated.
If it turns out to be anything like Shinobi on 3DS it'll definitely go on the shopping list.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Re: Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow demo coming to 3DS, new tra

Postby MatthewONM » 15 Feb 2013, 12:11

lrwr14 wrote:Not as bothered about the game as I was before. I was hoping the gameplay (fighting mainly) would be similar to the classic ones.

That's crazy talk - it has all the 2D charm of the originals, but with combat you can actually get your teeth in. Personally, I think it's the best 3DS game I've played since Kid Icarus - avoid it at your peril...
MatthewONM
ONM Staff

Postby lrwr14 » 15 Feb 2013, 12:19

MatthewONM wrote:
lrwr14 wrote:Not as bothered about the game as I was before. I was hoping the gameplay (fighting mainly) would be similar to the classic ones.

That's crazy talk - it has all the 2D charm of the originals, but with combat you can actually get your teeth in. Personally, I think it's the best 3DS game I've played since Kid Icarus - avoid it at your peril...

I was just hoping for some classic castlevania gameplay, that's why I was looking forward to it. Now it just looks like another hack n slash side scroller. I'll probably still get it at some point.
lrwr14

Postby MatthewONM » 15 Feb 2013, 12:26

lrwr14 wrote:I was just hoping for some classic castlevania gameplay, that's why I was looking forward to it. Now it just looks like another hack n slash side scroller. I'll probably still get it at some point.

But that's the cool thing - it has the progression of classic Castlevania with some modern cinematic trickery thrown in. It's far closer to the classics than any of the GBA/DS entries were. I interviewed the producer this month and he is crazy obsessed with the pre-Symphony games. I think if you have any interest in Castlevania, past or present, the game's going to be right up your street,
MatthewONM
ONM Staff

Postby Rufan » 15 Feb 2013, 12:34

I was hoping there would be a demo of this game, I've never played Castlevania before but the game looks awesome.

I'm not an expert gamer and with the price of games it's always good to have a demo so that I can give it a try out and see if I like playing it or whether it'd be to hard. So I'm very happy about this news! :P
Looking for Animal Crossing New Leaf friends, My friend Code is: 3566-1527-3477 Please PM me your friend code so that I can add you. thanks!
Rufan

Postby lrwr14 » 15 Feb 2013, 12:53

MatthewONM wrote:
lrwr14 wrote:I was just hoping for some classic castlevania gameplay, that's why I was looking forward to it. Now it just looks like another hack n slash side scroller. I'll probably still get it at some point.

But that's the cool thing - it has the progression of classic Castlevania with some modern cinematic trickery thrown in. It's far closer to the classics than any of the GBA/DS entries were. I interviewed the producer this month and he is crazy obsessed with the pre-Symphony games. I think if you have any interest in Castlevania, past or present, the game's going to be right up your street,

Well since a demo is coming out I'll wait and play that.
lrwr14

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 15 Feb 2013, 14:24

One of my most wanted 3DS games of the year,will definitely download the demo.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby fisher2007 » 15 Feb 2013, 17:22

will definitely download the demo this month.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

3DS FC is 0130-1987-2452 If you add me then please PM me
fisher2007

Postby liveswired » 16 Feb 2013, 09:26

MartinIsAwesome wrote:The news of a demo is fantastic! It is one of those games that I've been very interested in but a bit wary of at the same time. I've seen a few examples of classic Japanese game franchises being revived by western developers with very mixed results.
That said, Mr. David Cox there gave a good pitch, and the fact that I can at least try it out for myself is very much appreciated.
If it turns out to be anything like Shinobi on 3DS it'll definitely go on the shopping list.

Well, I've watched quite a few previews and I've read nothing but praise for this game - so I've no doubt all the journalists aren't lying.
liveswired

Postby sambrown64 » 16 Feb 2013, 19:00

The only thing that is putting me off getting this game is that I'll suck at it. It looks awesome, though!
3652-0543-1657
sambrown64

Postby bigterence » 22 Feb 2013, 10:57

Just played demo.This was on my hit list before, but is a must buy now.
bigterence