Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Rayman Legends: free online challenge mode coming to Wii U i

Comment on site articles.

Ubisoft attempt to make up for the Rayman Legends delay

Ubisofts latest attempt to make amends for the Rayman Legends delay may get the fans back on side. For the company will be distributing the full online challenge mode in early April on the Wii U eShop. What's more, it will be free!

... read more

Postby ToxicJosh » 19 Feb 2013, 10:34

Sorry Ubisoft; not good enough
ToxicJosh

Postby lminett » 19 Feb 2013, 10:36

The simple answer is no, this does not make up for the fact that the game should have been released, but it may just get some of the fans back on Ubisofts side. We shall soon see.
Enjoy video game music and finding out about the composers? check out Ki11j0ys vault
http://www.youtube.com/user/KI11J0YSVAULT?feature=mhee
lminett

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 19 Feb 2013, 10:44

That looks cool. I'm sure the 10,000 or so people who signed the petition for the full game will be happy with that, along with the countless angry posters on the Miiverse.
Free Nintendo points codes, 3DS and Wii U eShop codes, and many others here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr

Re: Rayman Legends: free online challenge mode coming to Wii

Postby tohaker » 19 Feb 2013, 10:47

Actually, I'm fine with this. I was hugely disappointed with the huge setback, but I think a free selection of online levels (possibly indefinitely) does cut the mustard. I'm always open to free games, demos, etc. and I'm sure by the time they come out my Wii U will have a bigger library than it currently does (Nintendo Land and Trine 2). I tip my hat to you, Ubisoft.
tohaker

Postby K-tet » 19 Feb 2013, 11:00

Well, it seems the vox populi was heard loud and clear. Sure, it's not the full game, but to test out a new feature for the series is actually not a bad trade-off for the wait. This should keep fans occupied as well as giving them the chance to hone their skills for when the game is finally released.

I wonder if Nintendo have heard our complaints in regards to the Wii U's Virtual Console in the same light. One can be hopeful, but in terms of this, this is fitting news enough. Well done to those that petitioned and aired their complaints. Your voices were heard, and we have all been rewarded (in part at least) for your efforts.
K-tet

Postby Zaphod_B » 19 Feb 2013, 11:14

It's not exactly a "sorry", but it's better than nought. Not that we should really have to say "at least it's not nothing!", but that's the way it goes with big corporations. Feel sorry for the developers more than anyone, their game's reputation has been damaged severely, and they now have to work like mad to correct someone else's mistake, someone far higher up and lazier.
Zaphod_B

Postby 5OUNDWAVE » 19 Feb 2013, 11:24

interesting !
5OUNDWAVE

Postby alexkinch » 19 Feb 2013, 12:10

As long as the whole thing is free and not got paid dlc.

Zen pinball 2 and tank tank tank are free downloads and it takes about a fiver to get each one with enough to count as a game.

Thanks to MartinisAwesome for the sig,
Wii u Id is alexkinch
3ds FC is 2191 7652 3318
alexkinch

Postby Xenobladeperson » 19 Feb 2013, 12:48

That seems fine, but maybe it's just because I wasn't that hyped about it in the first place.
Nintendo Ninja wrote:Never fear everything can be resolved by a large amount of violence
Xenobladeperson

Postby 06harrisj » 19 Feb 2013, 14:43

I wasn't intending to buy this game before or after the set back, but I'm glad that this mess that Ubisoft's got itself into means that I get a freebie.
06harrisj

Postby KH81314 » 19 Feb 2013, 14:52

This changes everyone said no one ever.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby Cidiyance » 19 Feb 2013, 17:45

Forcing us to let loss steem and then release this with a touch of sparkle. No! it's not going to work this time!
Let the fire burn, the Hero die and the world turning into a shadow of light! Time has come for you to challenge me!
Cidiyance

Postby PokerusZero » 19 Feb 2013, 18:58

Ubisoft's pretty much giving us the game already, if they keep on doing this they may as well just release the game.
PokerusZero

Postby vix_chan » 19 Feb 2013, 19:36

For FREEEEEEE!!!!
Thanks for the votes everyone.
vix_chan

Postby Waldy565 » 19 Feb 2013, 20:26

Just got Rayman Origins (tenner, couldn't miss out really!) so I may give this a go, I understand the fans rage, but I'm not a big fan of Legends, I know that sounds odd, but Origins appealed why Legends didn't... Still, as mentioned, may give it a go, after all, free is free!
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Mrslider101 » 19 Feb 2013, 21:39

I wasn't planning on buying the full rayman game but it'd be cool to try this when it comes out!

Unless they delay online mode, that is....
Mrslider101