Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Rayman Legends delay results in new bosses, characters and a

Comment on site articles.

'It hurt is to see the fans to upset,' says Senior Game Manager

The developers of Rayman Legends will be spending time adding new features to the Wii U platformer before the game is released in September.

... read more

Postby mario_boi » 19 Feb 2013, 11:09

So, the way to make peace is to remind us there will be another 6 months to wait after the release of this "exclusive" challenge mode.
Not to mention the extra work that they are putting the dev team through.
Oh and who wants to bet that these extra characters and bosses will still be available on the other platforms.
Give me the game now and give that extra crap to PS3 and XBOX 360 owners later.
(I own all 3 platforms, I am not worried about the multi-platform release. I'm against the delay of almost 1 year of a finished game)
mario_boi

Postby GiftedGimp » 19 Feb 2013, 11:18

If they seriously ant us to believe they were upset to see us fans hurt surly they would just release the game!
However It shows what pressure they have been under to relent in some way and at least ubisoft are trying to meet fans in the middle, so to speak.
The free online mode and extra game content goes some way to a middle ground, but only if they are only exclusive to WiiU.
If the Free onlnie mode ends up on psn/xbl and all 3 versions have the extra game content its just content they were doing for the other versions anyway and should be included on WiiU since they deleayed the WiiU version.
GiftedGimp

Re: Rayman Legends delay results in new bosses, characters a

Postby row101 » 19 Feb 2013, 11:56

They're not going to go back on their decision to delay the game. That would be quite unprofessional of them, if they make a decision, they should stick with it.

Besides, it's very good that Ubisoft is listening to us, as this time will make the game slightly better, plus it's amazing that they are releasing the online mode for free. I'm sure some other developers would just ignore us without free demos or anything else.

I'm not saying that it's a good thing that they delayed the game, they should have released it immediately, but it is good that they are going to use the time to improve it, and they are releasing appetizers on the eshop, for free.

Besides, it looks like an awesome game, it's better than a bad game that was released earlier, at least they are putting effort into it, unlike other Wii U developers. Ubisoft is one of the only big Wii U supporters, don't hate them!

NNID: row101
row101

Postby ToxicJosh » 19 Feb 2013, 12:14

row101 wrote:They're not going to go back on their decision to delay the game. That would be quite unprofessional of them, if they make a decision, they should stick with it.

Besides, it looks like an awesome game, it's better than a bad game that was released earlier, at least they are putting effort into it, unlike other Wii U developers. Ubisoft is one of the only big Wii U supporters, don't hate them!

Firstly; there is nothing unprofessional at all about admitting a mistake and trying to rectify it. Far from it.

And secondly; the game is finished. Are they adding more? Yes. Does that mean that the product as it stands is unplayable? No.

Releasing the online mode for free is not an olive branch; it's what they should have done in the first place. It's like going to a restaurant and being impressed at free bread and water!

Ubisoft screwed us and you're arguing that we should be happy with whatever crumbs they decide to flick from the table. It is simply not good enough.
ToxicJosh

Postby Serebii » 19 Feb 2013, 12:15

Be fair, it's not the developer's fault it got delayed. They were protesting it almost as much as we were
Serebii

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 19 Feb 2013, 12:39

They give you a free online mode with five whole levels months ahead of the new release date and still people moan? Like, what the heck?
Seriously, if you're still whinging after that sincere message and peace offering then you don't deserve the game at all.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Ys - Adol | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby Spyrolad » 19 Feb 2013, 13:07

Why can't they add that stuff as DLC?
Spyrolad

Postby blaziken411 » 19 Feb 2013, 14:41

i cant see why they cant just release it now and give it to the other platforms later
#Ampharoskingofjhoto
My brother made this.
3ds friend code: 4811-7239-6713
Nintendo Network ID : Black-wolf209
Youtube channel: OmegaBlaxel
blaziken411

Postby KH81314 » 19 Feb 2013, 14:51

They should release the game for the Wii U now and when they release it for the other platforms with the added content then release a DLC for the Wii U.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby row101 » 19 Feb 2013, 15:32

MartinIsAwesome wrote:They give you a free online mode with five whole levels months ahead of the new release date and still people moan? Like, what the heck?
Seriously, if you're still whinging after that sincere message and peace offering then you don't deserve the game at all.

Continuing your metaphor "ToxicJosh", other restaurants(developers), such as Macdonalds might rush it out for launch day, but often the meal is not as nice. If it's a nice restaurant, be prepared for some delays, as there are more people in the restaurant. Besides, the FREE bread and water is nicer than the main course at Macdonalds!

I still think that they should have released it earlier, as then the meal would still be warm(people would want it more), however you should be grateful that they haven't canceled your meal to make it available to the other customers. It's good that they are giving you bread and water, while they fully prepare the main course. If the restaurant is busy(PS3 and Xbox fans wanted the game as well), be prepared to wait a little longer, so they can deal with the other customers as well. Besides, we get a better meal than the other customers, with some great gamepad features in there. While most of the chefs are working on the PS3 and Xbox editions, a few of the chefs are sprinkling some salt and pepper on the Wii U game.

NNID: row101
row101

Postby ToxicJosh » 19 Feb 2013, 15:56

To further stretch my metaphor, if a meal takes another 7 months to come out the kitchen when it's already been cooked, no amount of bread and water is going to make me eat it
ToxicJosh

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 19 Feb 2013, 17:16

Anyone else hungry?
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Ys - Adol | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby Cidiyance » 19 Feb 2013, 17:50

Hmph, that Miyamoto touch isn't working. I would gladly show my face expression to their face if need be, But it seems this whole thing isn't changing their mind... I EXPECT flawless results by September.
Let the fire burn, the Hero die and the world turning into a shadow of light! Time has come for you to challenge me!
Cidiyance

Postby IPecksU » 19 Feb 2013, 18:45

Pop in some Nintendo characters and stages as wii u exclusive unlockables
IPecksU

Postby Riverlution » 19 Feb 2013, 19:09

I'm annoyed the game is going to be another 6 months, yes.

But until now, they hadn't said anything about new content. If they had said this from the start, it wouldn't have been so bad at all. The problem is that they are only doing this in reaction to the fan outcry.

Delays to make games better are fine in my books. The reason this was delayed is not.
Riverlution

Postby TheSlenderman » 19 Feb 2013, 20:29

Wouldn't it be odd if Rayman turned out to be a horse? ( continuing on the food theme).
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby triton6783 » 19 Feb 2013, 22:46

Maybe they will have enough time to add a new world. They did give themselves 7 months, so they should have plenty of time.
OBJECTION!!!
triton6783

Postby deKay » 20 Feb 2013, 11:00

Rubbish.

Release the sodding game, Ubisoft.
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay