Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Hydroventure: Spin Cycle review

Comment on site articles.

Curve's aquatic adventure is a refreshing glass of H2Whoa

The human body is 70 per cent water: you're basically a puddle that got lucky. Spin Cycle, a 3DS eShop sequel to the ace WiiWare game Hydroventure, is about a puddle that didn't. Without the third or so that turns us from precipitation to precipi-person, Spin Cycle's sentient slosh, Eddy (ho ho), is slave to 3DS' gyro-controlled gravity. Tilting the handheld dribbles him around 2D mazes, guiding him towards trapped rainbow sprites. And that's only the levels with gravity.

... read more

Hydroventure: Spin Cycle review

Postby Waldy565 » 19 Feb 2013, 14:10

The human body is 70 per cent water: you're basically a puddle that got lucky. - this is why reviews are the best, they're AMAZINGLY funny, plus the GCSE joke! I got Hydroventure on the Wii, but never got round to completing it. I think the game is a better fit on 3DS to be honest, and the 360 mechanics are interesting. I'll check it out if it drops from its ridiculous price!
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Re: Hydroventure: Spin Cycle review

Postby JamieRIOT » 19 Feb 2013, 16:20

It is like £7.99, right? That is not bad for a game with a lot to it. With mobile phones selling tosh for 69p these days, a lot of people seem to be unwilling to pay anything over £1.99 for quality.
JamieRIOT

Re: Hydroventure: Spin Cycle review

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 19 Feb 2013, 18:29

The developers of this are working on a Wii U title, right? I'll probably go for that instead.
Free Nintendo points codes, 3DS and Wii U eShop codes, and many others here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr