Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

5 big Japanese games that are coming to your 3DS

Comment on site articles.

Out now in Japan, coming to the UK soon...

These are great times to be a 3DS owner with Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow - Mirror Of Fate and Monster Hunter 3: Ultmate all on the way in the next six weeks.

... read more

5 big Japanese games that are coming to your 3DS

Postby L_A » 19 Feb 2013, 18:09

Code of Princess ! Been waiting for this game for months, and I'm really glad we're finally getting it. I was so happy when we got that German rating for the game, great thing Agatsuma Entertainement didn't give when they couldn't find a publisher.
L_A

Re: 5 big Japanese games that are coming to your 3DS

Postby TheSlenderman » 19 Feb 2013, 18:35

Might give Etrian odyssey a go.
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby Pokemon Luke » 19 Feb 2013, 18:54

I Find It AMAZING How Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates To Infinity Is A Highly Anticipated Game For Uk That Is Already Out In Japan That Isn't Mentioned In This Article... Amazing...
Pokemon Luke

Postby MJTH » 19 Feb 2013, 19:10

This is great news!

However, I'm not particularly excited for these games. The two games I want the most Proffessor Layton Vs Ace Attorney and Bravely Default are unfortunately the Japanese games that are seemingly getting less and less likely to be localised... :(
Something's coming up the plumbing, poor Luigi's in a bind. Giant turtles are out to get him, Creepy Crabs are right behind. Spiders, flies. Jeepers! Yikes!, They're coming out the pipes. "MARIO! WHERE ARE YOU!!!"
MJTH

Postby KH81314 » 19 Feb 2013, 20:05

Not to excited about any of these games.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby TheVelvetRoom » 19 Feb 2013, 20:24

Still more hyped for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon than all of these.
PS Forever UK an enthusiast site for Playstation games new and old
Steam: velv
PSN: tvrsteve
TheVelvetRoom

Postby Waldy565 » 19 Feb 2013, 20:47

Short answer(s) - SO looking forward to Project X Zone, my favourite devs (not including Konami, Ubisoft and, of course, Nintendo!) all making one game. Come...ON! Etrian Oddysey and Inazuma 11 I still have to experience, Etrian Oddysey I cant say I'm too excited, but then, as you expressed, it's underrated, so there, but Inazuma looks quite good. Code of Princess didn't and doesn't appeal to me,maybe that's because I found the 3DS direct a little disastrous tbh, and finally is Devil Survivor similar to Shin Megami, a spiritual successor I seem to have heard somewhere? If so, AWESOME! If not, uh, I dunno, because I strongly believe it is a successor :)
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Waldy565 » 19 Feb 2013, 20:49

MJTH wrote:This is great news!

However, I'm not particularly excited for these games. The two games I want the most Proffessor Layton Vs Ace Attorney and Bravely Default are unfortunately the Japanese games that are seemingly getting less and less likely to be localised... :(

I agree, but I'd swap Bravery Default for Fantasy Life - need to read more on that actually. Also, Mystery Dungeon sounds like it's on good track

We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Waldy565 » 19 Feb 2013, 20:57

Just read this - http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/impressions/31954 - I now completely agree with MJTH, gonna go watch a trailer! :D

Waldy565

Postby 3ds234 » 19 Feb 2013, 21:05

I don't think i'll get any of them.
3ds fc: 1719-3432-0688. Animal Crossing Dream suite address:6200-2218-5065 .Xbox Live: ciaranm 281. Pm me if you add me on any of them.

Currently playing:Monster Hunter 3,Pokemon Y/black2,GTA V,Battlefield 4,COD Black Ops 2, Borderlands 2.
3ds234

Postby Xenobladeperson » 19 Feb 2013, 21:21

You say "big" Japanese games, but you left out the big releases.
Xenobladeperson

Postby TheVelvetRoom » 19 Feb 2013, 21:26

Waldy565 wrote:is Devil Survivor similar to Shin Megami, a spiritual successor I seem to have heard somewhere? If so, AWESOME! If not, uh, I dunno, because I strongly believe it is a successor :)

It's a spinoff of Shin Megami Tensei. The regular series is in the genre of standard turn-based RPGs, whereas Devil Survivor is a turn-based strategy take on the series.
PS Forever UK an enthusiast site for Playstation games new and old
Steam: velv
PSN: tvrsteve
TheVelvetRoom

Postby Mrslider101 » 19 Feb 2013, 21:43

*cough* Animal Crossing New Leaf! *cough*
Mrslider101

Postby triton6783 » 19 Feb 2013, 22:42

Code of Princess is actually kind of a disappointing game, with the only good thing it has is its character designs. The one I am most excited for would have to be Etrian Odyssey IV. Also, I wish titles like Bravely Default and Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney would be on this list, but still no release date in sight...
OBJECTION!!!
triton6783

Postby 1steagle » 19 Feb 2013, 22:48

yes inazuma eleven
dont hate the player hate the game (but not inazuma eleven)
1steagle

Postby MatthewONM » 20 Feb 2013, 00:18

TheVelvetRoom wrote:Still more hyped for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon than all of these.

And that's fine. What we're trying to do is highlight some of the other interesting games coming to 3DS, you know, for readers who might want try something that's actually new. No point preaching to the converted!

Etrian Odyssey is an absolute gem of a game, about as hardcore an RPG as you're ever likely to play. Tough but rewarding in that same way as Dark Souls and games of that ilk. And Project X Zone is a love letter to three of the most important developers on the planet. These are games worth championing.
MatthewONM
ONM Staff

Postby Tavex » 20 Feb 2013, 00:44

These do look like some solid games, but Im surprised Fire Emblem isnt here...it was pretty big in Japan wasn't it? Damn I cant wait to play that game ^^
Tavex

Postby Scraggy man » 20 Feb 2013, 01:26

Project X looks good I wonder if they will try to give it a story like in SSBB or just make it random encounters.
Scraggy man

Postby tomonm » 20 Feb 2013, 10:23

Tavex wrote:These do look like some solid games, but Im surprised Fire Emblem isnt here...it was pretty big in Japan wasn't it? Damn I cant wait to play that game ^^

Okay, perhaps big was the wrong word. This isn't really about the big Nintendo titles. If it was we'd include Mario and Luigi games as they are, y'know, developed by Japanese people. It's more about the cool games that are often released in Japan but don't get championed over here.
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby K-tet » 20 Feb 2013, 11:12

Code of Princess is definitely one I'm going to throw money at. I've been waiting for it for quite a while now. I'll also look to pick up Project X Zone at some point. Of course, I need to throw money at Fire Emblem and both Pokémon games too, and that's without scouting the potential Wii U pick-ups, of which they'll probably all be known at E3 this year.
K-tet

Postby Pokemon Luke » 20 Feb 2013, 11:26

tomonm wrote:
Tavex wrote:These do look like some solid games, but Im surprised Fire Emblem isnt here...it was pretty big in Japan wasn't it? Damn I cant wait to play that game ^^

Okay, perhaps big was the wrong word. This isn't really about the big Nintendo titles. If it was we'd include Mario and Luigi games as they are, y'know, developed by Japanese people. It's more about the cool games that are often released in Japan but don't get championed over here.

Well Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Would Still Count Because We Never Actually Got The Wii Ware Versions...
Pokemon Luke

Postby CraigEmberson » 20 Feb 2013, 11:41

I'm actually more looking forward to the recently revealed revival of Digimon World (called "Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode") - a sequel to the original Digimon World on PS1. Especially when Saban owns Digimon again and is bringing Digimon Fusion to Nickelodeon this year... It has a good chance of being dubbed.
Craig-E
CraigEmberson

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 20 Feb 2013, 13:27

Well I think it's great that you're shining the spotlight on these more niche titles, so thank you.
I can't deny how awesome the mere thought of Project X Zone coming over here is. Although let's face it, Capcom's got the monopoly on Recognisable characters. It looks great too, and I particularly like that characters that are only usually seen as polygons - like Resi's Chris and Jill - are presented as 2D sprites.
I'm also very interested in Code of Princess. If I wasn't sold before, the mention of multiple playable characters and "Frustrated Penguin style" fighting seals the deal.

@Pokemon Luke, your unique way of typing is making my eyes bleed. For the sake of my retinas, I plead that you stop.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby wizardgamer94 » 20 Feb 2013, 18:08

Personally I can't wait for Project X zone to come out! Some of the biggest names in gaming all coming together for an RPG scrap? How could it get better :)? I'm particularly looking forward for Dante appearing on a Nintendo console for the first time, although I believe a Devil May Cry game would work wonders on the WiiU. Just giving you an idea Capcom :P
wizardgamer94

Postby Pokemon Luke » 20 Feb 2013, 20:27

MartinIsAwesome wrote:Well I think it's great that you're shining the spotlight on these more niche titles, so thank you.
I can't deny how awesome the mere thought of Project X Zone coming over here is. Although let's face it, Capcom's got the monopoly on Recognisable characters. It looks great too, and I particularly like that characters that are only usually seen as polygons - like Resi's Chris and Jill - are presented as 2D sprites.
I'm also very interested in Code of Princess. If I wasn't sold before, the mention of multiple playable characters and "Frustrated Penguin style" fighting seals the deal.

@Pokemon Luke, your unique way of typing is making my eyes bleed. For the sake of my retinas, I plead that you stop.

sorry, its a habit, i will try to stop...
Pokemon Luke

Next