Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

F-Zero comes to Wii U tomorrow!

Comment on site articles.

Play the SNES classic on the Wii U Virtual Console in 60Hz

You'll be able to play F-Zero on your Wii U this week. Yes, you can download the US SNES version of F-Zero - which runs at 60Hz - from the Wii U eShop tomorrow.

... read more

Postby NP Chilla » 20 Feb 2013, 12:28

I've never played this one - at 30p, how can I say no? :D
NP Chilla

Postby deKay » 20 Feb 2013, 12:28

Waaait - so Nintendo *listened* to the 50Hz complainers?

Surely not?!
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Re: F-Zero comes to Wii U tomorrow!

Postby blockeight » 20 Feb 2013, 12:42

I thought it was out today (20th)?

And are you sure it's 60hz? I'm reading very different reports elsewhere. Happy if it is though.
blockeight

Postby alexkinch » 20 Feb 2013, 12:44

So why not balloon fight in 60hz ?

Thanks to MartinisAwesome for the sig,
Wii u Id is alexkinch
3ds FC is 2191 7652 3318
alexkinch

Postby deKay » 20 Feb 2013, 12:46

Because nobody complained about Balloon Fight before it was released?
Game Over, Yeah!!
deKay

Postby Samster296 » 20 Feb 2013, 12:54

I own F-Zero X on N64 and F-Zero GX on GameCube so I'm looking forward to playing this for only 30p!
ImageImage
New Leaf Dream Address - 7100-2228-7688
Steam
Sampy wrote:Hah! Now you've got no shoes! You fool!

Credit to Pacaholic for the sig!
Samster296

Postby JoeOdranDoran » 20 Feb 2013, 13:17

The Nintendo website says it's out today (but that the Balloon Fight offer ends tomorrow) However, I'm still sat here waiting for it to appear on the shop!
JoeOdranDoran

Postby K-tet » 20 Feb 2013, 13:39

The vox populi was heard yet again. First Ubisoft with their Rayman Legends compromise and now Nintendo with this. I was a Pro-60 advocate and have no problem admitting that. The fact my voice was heard among and alongside other Pro-60 advocates gives me (and in turn, all of us) great satisfaction in what we have achieved for the greater good of everyone. Nintendo listened, and have delivered. Now they need to continue delivering on every other game. An update to Balloon Fight would also be nice.

However, while it sounds too good to be true, as long as it is, then that benefits everyone. \o/ Absolute confirmation by means of a comparison test would also seal the deal.
Last edited by K-tet on 20 Feb 2013, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
K-tet

Postby row101 » 20 Feb 2013, 13:41

74p left...
Not sure which two games to buy...
row101

Postby Violet » 20 Feb 2013, 14:33

This is amazing, they're releasing a 60hz game on consoles? If this continues I may be inclined to purchase more VC games in future... will Super Metroid get the same treatment?
Violet

Postby RedDwarf » 20 Feb 2013, 15:07

This game was awesome on the SNES, I loved It and It cost me way more than 30p lol.
Nintendo = Style And Quality Over Quantity
RedDwarf

Postby LewiiG » 20 Feb 2013, 15:37

This is great. 30p. I got a Snes a few months ago. I plan on buying loads of classic games for it. F Zero was going to be one of them.

What do I do? Get it for 30p on the Eshop? Or buy it for £6 from Amazon on Snes? I don't see much point in getting both, Although the eshop one is virtually free, so maybe I will.
LewiiG

Postby alexkinch » 20 Feb 2013, 15:52

Impressed that Nintendo listened to the 60hz complaints as I was doubtful. But well done. If my wii vc games I'm going to be paying to upgrade to the wii u get given 60hz treatment this will be worth it.

Thanks to MartinisAwesome for the sig,
Wii u Id is alexkinch
3ds FC is 2191 7652 3318
alexkinch

Postby Mello » 20 Feb 2013, 19:18

Is it 60hz only? :(

I realise I'm totally in the minority as most people are either too young to have grown up with it or they're old enough but have been angry about the PAL format since the 80s, but as someone who played the hell out of this game as a kid it'd be weird and slightly alien to hear all the music played at the true speed.

When all the angriness started I was hoping Nintendo might compromise by having a switch which would have been a great inclusion as I'd prefer most games that I grew up with in 50hz but games I didn't in 60hz, but oh well, 30p and all that, and theres always other ways to play the PAL original. It'll probably be nice to try it out as it was intended given that it's already there in Wii mode. :P

Good on them for listening either way.
Mello

Postby ThePsychicExtrem » 20 Feb 2013, 20:42

I thought you meant a brand new one... Almost had a heart attack
ThePsychicExtrem