Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Transformers Prime: The Video Game Wii U review

Comment on site articles.

Hard to believe, but it's less than meets the eye

Ah, Transformers, we've been here before. We still remember reviewing Transformers: Dark Of The Moon back in issue 72 and moaning that it was "possible to finish the game's 18 missions in under three hours". Many had a go at Activision after that shambles and now it's back with a game based on the Transformers Prime cartoon. Now, having completed Transformers Prime, there's a blotch on our Wii U Activity Log showing that no lessons were learned at all.

... read more

Transformers Prime: The Video Game Wii U review

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 20 Feb 2013, 16:25

A half-decent Transformers game should be the right of all sentient beings.

EDIT: Wait, I got a better one.

If this game was a Transformer, it'd be SWINDLE! =D

I've got some cool video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble, so please check them out.
Latest Design: GURU-GURU, the Windmill Man
Don't forget about my Colors! Gallery
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Re: Transformers Prime: The Video Game Wii U review

Postby adamatsu » 20 Feb 2013, 17:05

"Seriously, has anyone, in the history of gaming, actually enjoyed a rotating character model?"

haha that line made me laugh
adamatsu

Postby Pwuz_Here » 20 Feb 2013, 19:56

I think you all have forgotten that the true purpose of games based on movies/TV/comics is to cash in on small children and their parents by extension. While I by no means advocate such short and haphazard cash milking strategies, we can't forget that is how they are viewed by the suits who are in charge.

Oh, look this thing is popular, if I slap the logo on this it will sell for that reason alone at an increased price. Transformers the action figure, Transformers the T-shirt, Transformers-the Coloring Book, Transformers-the Lunch box, Transformers-the Breakfast Cereal, Transformers-the Flame Thrower!
Pwuz_Here

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 21 Feb 2013, 15:39

Pwuz_Here wrote:I think you all have forgotten that the true purpose of games based on movies/TV/comics is to cash in on small children and their parents by extension. While I by no means advocate such short and haphazard cash milking strategies, we can't forget that is how they are viewed by the suits who are in charge.

That's a bit of a pessimistic generalisation. Just look at Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. That's a brilliant game in it's own right that uses the Transformers brand to great effect.
I've got some cool video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble, so please check them out.
Latest Design: GURU-GURU, the Windmill Man
Don't forget about my Colors! Gallery
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator