Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Awesome new Monster Hunter 4 trailer

Comment on site articles.

See some incredible new monsters

New monsters, climbing, raising glasses in the pub! It's all in this incredible Monster Hunter 4 trailer.

... read more

Postby Lulz » 21 Feb 2013, 13:28

Maybe now I can watch it without it lagging the hell out on me...
My personal gaming blog http://http://ladiesgustagames.blogspot.co.uk/
Perhaps my avvie is a little ambiguous, but I'm a darn girl!!!
Lulz

Postby RiksilveR » 21 Feb 2013, 13:39

ASDFGHJGKKLJHH AMAZING
Absolutely can't wait for this, I'm glad that MH3U will be here to keep me busy until it's released because otherwise I might have to move to Japan just to get this sooner.
The new monsters look awesome, and don't get me started on the creepy undead ones. Looks like they really are focusing on a better story this time around. That giant scaly tail at the end looks promising too.
I'm glad to see piggy's back as well!
Also, am I the only one who thinks that the Khezu armour the character was wearing when he was jumping around looked a bit Assassin's Creedish? I think he should be called Khezio.
RiksilveR

Re: Awesome new Monster Hunter 4 trailer

Postby Erdogan44 » 21 Feb 2013, 13:43

JNBJKFHGHORIGHEG
GREIGJH'OIAERHJAH'OIRTGHJIOHARE
HARTOHJAOTRPHOPJ

WOAH. That game looks BEAUTIFUL. The new monsters, renders and online mode?!

This is excellent! The end post-credit scene of that giant new leviathan monster looks terrific!

Super super excited.
Computer - 21.5" iMac - i5 QuadCore 2.5Ghz - Radeon 6970M HD - 4GB DDR3 - 500GB HDD

3DS FriendCode - 4425-2273-6142
Erdogan44

Postby lrwr14 » 21 Feb 2013, 14:22

wow wow WOW, That was amazing. I was a bit sceptical about this at the start, but after seeing some new gameplay I am hoping this comes out over here. It's nice to see some old monsters return, such as: congalala, Gypceros and the Kut-Ku, with new moves. This new virus thing looks interesting, as I've mentioned before this looks like Capcom are actually trying to put a storyline behind the game. The new charge axe also looks good, liking the transition between the two modes.
Master of the Long Sword.
lrwr14

Postby CyberGW » 21 Feb 2013, 15:02

That looks like a brilliant 3DS game! The graphics are amazing and the gameplay looks really free and fun.
Is it coming out on Wii U and other consoles as well, or is it a 3DS exclusive? If it's an exclusive, then the console is going to massively benefit from such an epic game!
Current Favourite Game: Tomodachi Life
Most Anticipated Game: Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS
NNID: CyberGW
CyberGW

Postby KaptainKrauser » 21 Feb 2013, 15:21

I really can't imagine how epic this is going to be online. Consider this game reason enough to buy a 3DS (if you haven't already).

"I'm like Bruce Wayne, except without the money, social skills, muscles or intelligence." - TheImprobableOne
KaptainKrauser

Postby Mew3 » 21 Feb 2013, 16:28

I have never played a monster hunter game before and I am trying to decide between tri and 4, so with all the great monsters, online, the fact that it looks like it has a storyline and that plant-snake thing, I'm definitely going to buy this when it comes out.
Mew3

Postby hamzahdsi » 21 Feb 2013, 17:39

Is it just me or does Monster Hunter 4 look more alien compared to the other MH games. I mean, from what i can see it looks more like a platformer with all the jumping and climbing.
XBOX Gamertag: EpicHamzah
Minimobi-"Funny what a day on ONM can do to you."
ILoveWii-"turn up anyway with lots of beers and a couple johnnys you'll be fine."
hamzahdsi

Postby hamzahdsi » 21 Feb 2013, 17:47

Mew3 wrote:I have never played a monster hunter game before and I am trying to decide between tri and 4, so with all the great monsters, online, the fact that it looks like it has a storyline and that plant-snake thing, I'm definitely going to buy this when it comes out.

Hi. One thing we should get straight here is that Monster Hunter has a weak storyline. But this isn't a problem you see, you will realise soon that MH games don't really require much of a storyline and that the game is purely based on the combat gameplay. Basically, if you want a kickass game where you defeat mahoosive monsters and grow stronger as you progress then Monster Hunter is the game for you. If you want a storyline, i wouldn't recommend it at all.
ILoveWii-"turn up anyway with lots of beers and a couple johnnys you'll be fine."
hamzahdsi

Postby KH81314 » 21 Feb 2013, 18:03

This game looks awesome. Love Monster Hunter and I'm waiting for the demo for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate to come out.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby Waldy565 » 21 Feb 2013, 19:11

OOHHH that WAS MH4... I only just watched the Japanese Direct, thought it was MH3G footage... (Ultimate over here, obviously). OH, I really want this! But I also want Animal Crossing: NL! And Assassin's Creed! and Watch Dogs! Ffffuuu...!
EDIT: Watching trailer for third time, first time properly though. Up to 1 min mark: Very interesting monsters, and the lightning sparks, is that the monster or the weapon? Speaking of weapons, they look like hybrids if two weapons like in MH3... What, you try having a convo with your girl while watching MH AND posting here! hehe Errr, neeeeext: I hope all them characters are support characters, the cast is looking more and more like LOTR! Lovin' the dwarfs!
Oooo, what's the MYSTERIOUS black stuff? Haha! OH SHI-! WHAT WAS THAT!? Damn freaky undead. VERY cool armour, the purple guy on the left at 2:12-ish, I aspire to be him, in-game and not hehe! The four-player looks slick, let's hope that was online not just local! And the naval gameplay, was that similar to Tri? Never got to play it to that point... Aaaand that's about it... OK, Marie, all attention on you now haha!
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Mew3 » 21 Feb 2013, 20:39

hamzahdsi wrote:
Mew3 wrote:I have never played a monster hunter game before and I am trying to decide between tri and 4, so with all the great monsters, online, the fact that it looks like it has a storyline and that plant-snake thing, I'm definitely going to buy this when it comes out.

Hi. One thing we should get straight here is that Monster Hunter has a weak storyline. But this isn't a problem you see, you will realise soon that MH games don't really require much of a storyline and that the game is purely based on the combat gameplay. Basically, if you want a kickass game where you defeat mahoosive monsters and grow stronger as you progress then Monster Hunter is the game for you. If you want a storyline, i wouldn't recommend it at all.

I don't really care if the storyline's weak, I'm just saying that it looks amazing and even a weak storyline would be better than no idea of why you're risking your life to kill things (besides the fact that it's fun and the monsters look great).
Mew3

Postby Xenobladeperson » 21 Feb 2013, 20:45

hype hype hype hype hype
Nintendo Ninja wrote:Never fear everything can be resolved by a large amount of violence
Xenobladeperson

Postby hamzahdsi » 21 Feb 2013, 20:48

Mew3 wrote:I don't really care if the storyline's weak, I'm just saying that it looks amazing and even a weak storyline would be better than no idea of why you're risking your life to kill things (besides the fact that it's fun and the monsters look great).

Sure, i just wanted to put it out there.

Also
Xenobladeperson wrote:hype hype hype hype hype
hamzahdsi

Postby vtheyoshi » 21 Feb 2013, 21:01

I shall be getting both this and MH3U.

Thanks to Liberal for the sig and avatar.
Kittens.: Right, because a three way between a corpse, the self-proclaimed "ONM overlord" and masa would be really sexy.
vtheyoshi

Postby light_goose » 21 Feb 2013, 22:37

Would you recommend getting 3U or waiting until this comes out if I've never played a Monster Hunter before?
<..>
light_goose

Postby CraigEmberson » 22 Feb 2013, 02:16

Is it me or is there some kind of Zelda tribute-like things in this? A big Jabu-Jabu looking whale in the same pose and a guy who looks like Peter Pan.

Also, noticed the female character that says "Hai!" is a voice clip that has been used in a Zelda game before... It seems like the same as Darksiders II uses Sound Effects from a library that Nintendo also uses for theirs (Coins being Wolf Link's chains, as well as some sfx from Skyward Sword).
Craig-E
CraigEmberson

Postby RiksilveR » 22 Feb 2013, 11:12

CraigEmberson wrote:Is it me or is there some kind of Zelda tribute-like things in this? A big Jabu-Jabu looking whale in the same pose and a guy who looks like Peter Pan.

Also, noticed the female character that says "Hai!" is a voice clip that has been used in a Zelda game before... It seems like the same as Darksiders II uses Sound Effects from a library that Nintendo also uses for theirs (Coins being Wolf Link's chains, as well as some sfx from Skyward Sword).

They reuse sfx in lots of games; I'm pretty sure the genesis scanner in Resi revelations uses some of the same noises as Metroid Prime Hunters' scanner.

light_goose wrote:Would you recommend getting 3U or waiting until this comes out if I've never played a Monster Hunter before?

Either get both, or if you're seriously worried about not liking them, get MHFU on PSP if you have a PSP. It'll only be about a tenner. There isn't much point waiting for this to see if you like the series because a) it'll take ages to be localised and b) it's changing the formula of the series a lot.
RiksilveR