Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

20 best Star Fox moments

Comment on site articles.

We celebrate the 20th anniversary of Star Fox with your favourite memories of the series

Did you know that it's the 20th anniversary of Star Fox today? Yes, on 21 February 1993, Star Fox was released for SNES in Japan, kicking off an exciting new series that followed Fox McCloud's fight for the Lylat System. Unlike with The Legend Of Zelda and Mario, Nintendo isn't marking Star Fox's anniversary so we thought we'd step in and ask you to share your fondest memories of the series from the original Star Fox (known as Starwing over here) all the way up to Star Fox 64 3D.

... read more

20 best Star Fox moments

Postby TheSlenderman » 21 Feb 2013, 18:43

Awesome article!
My fave moment was in star fox 64 3d( the only version I have played), when I managed to get to the secret boss on Corneia (at least, I think that's how it's spelt...). Just little extra touches like that are what changed my perception of this game as a great, but ultimately short game, and made me realise that there was a lot more to it than a cursory look at the map screen would have you know.
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Re: 20 best Star Fox moments

Postby Mmmyeah » 21 Feb 2013, 20:42

Yeah, I have to agree with the space armada level, it was so awesome, it felt like being in Star Wars!
Hey Reggie, where's the cats?
Mmmyeah

Postby Waldy565 » 21 Feb 2013, 21:29

My best memory - finally getting round to play a game in the series, via SF643D, this Christmas just gone. I found out in 2010 about this game, via you guys (thanks!) and yeah, it is litreally second, only Zelda tops it, as my fave action game! Simply amazing, epic replay value, I'm waiting for a online Star Fox now!
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Waldy565 » 21 Feb 2013, 21:56

It sounds really cheesy or generic, but Nintendo games really influenced my life also, made me respect what I had, probably cuz of the quality put into them games...
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Riverlution » 21 Feb 2013, 22:12

I agree with practically every point in this article. So Nintendo.... New Starfox game please? You've got a lot of fans waiting...
Riverlution

Postby ledreppe » 21 Feb 2013, 22:18

Thanks for using my comment onm! I'd certainly be happy to se Star Fox return on the Wii U, but only if it had online multiplayer. The 3DS version could have done with it, and that was my main problem with it.
Nintendo Network ID: BigAl79
3DS Friend Code
Getting: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Rayman Legends.
Mii QR Code
Twitter
YouTube
Where Nintendo lead, others follow!
ledreppe

Postby WOLFENFTW » 21 Feb 2013, 22:49

Good to see the Star Fox fans are still out there. We've been deprived of a new Star Fox for seven years, come on Nintendo we've waited long enough, new Star Fox now!

BTW what's peoples opinions on Star Fox Assault. I love it and cant quite decide whether that or Lylat wars is my favourite. I know critics aren't to fond of it so what's the fans opinion?
Sonic and Star Fox, the two greatest game series of them all.
Shadow the Hedgehog and Wolf O' Donnell FTW!!!
Crossover anyone?
WOLFENFTW

Postby m_lockier » 22 Feb 2013, 02:29

Clearly you've forgotten the actual best line, the line that will forever be embedded in my mind is Pigma's line "you can't beat me, I've got a better ship". A line that I think about no matter what computer game I'm playing and I'm beating the computer or friends, and on the occasional moment actually saying it out loud. And as for in the Lylatwars game, it is great because he usually says that then the next thing you blow him up. Facing Starwolf has always been fun in both levels of the game.
m_lockier

Postby linkmarth29 » 22 Feb 2013, 10:48

I'm glad there's no Krystal on this list. She ruined the whole team. :evil:
TheBlackParade29. (nnid)
In case you can't tell, I like MCR. I'm a huge movie fan, and am looking for a job as a Film Director. I also play the bass.
linkmarth29

Postby JoeOdranDoran » 22 Feb 2013, 11:37

I want more than anything for Starfox to make a return on the Wii U. Imagine a game in the style of Starwing or Lylat Wars, but with HD graphics, the Wii U's processing power and modern-day level design. That would be amazing.
JoeOdranDoran

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 22 Feb 2013, 13:14

There's some great moments on this list. For me it would the same as Chandra's only about Lylat Wars instead of Star Wing.

Anyway, I still can't get over how similar the Corneria theme from Star Wing is to the After Burner theme.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby toffeeman30 » 22 Feb 2013, 14:22

you havent got enough scarabs!!!
toffeeman30

Postby Nintenjoe64 » 22 Feb 2013, 16:34

This might inspire me to play a bit of Lylat on my Wii U's Wii Channel tonight!

Not sure if that is my 20 best moments but was nice to relive some of the bits I've forgotten. Being helped to escape by your father was awesome. I think Star Fox 64 is never given the credit for what it brought to gaming. Nobody did decent real time cinematic cutscenes in console games before this. It was either horrible slow CD based ones or CGI ones that were equally slow to load. Nintendo need to get Argonaut and Factor 5 back from the dead and bring star fox into this century.
Nintenjoe64