Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

F-Zero Wii U Virtual Console trailer

Comment on site articles.

Have you downloaded it yet?

Nearly 21 years on and F-Zero still wows us with its speed. Take a look at this trailer of the SNES original running on the Wii U Virtual Console to see what we mean. And if you haven't downloaded it yet, what are you waiting for? It's 30p!

... read more

Postby tohaker » 22 Feb 2013, 11:28

I don't care whether these games appeal to me at all - 30p and about 40mb per download it's cheaper for all 6 than buying one terrible DSiWare game :D
tohaker

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 22 Feb 2013, 11:29

30p is a lot of money. You could buy two whole Freddos with that!
Free Nintendo points codes, 3DS and Wii U eShop codes, and many others here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr

Re: F-Zero Wii U Virtual Console trailer

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 22 Feb 2013, 12:23

That guy didn't crash into the wall once! Shenanigans, I tell you! SHENANINGANS!
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: Ys - Adol | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby JoeOdranDoran » 22 Feb 2013, 12:25

I love this game so damn much! Passing every car - even the generic ones - is a challenge, the line you take in cornering makes a real difference, the soundtrack is Snes music at its peak, the difficulty is insane... I could gush about F-Zero all day long.
JoeOdranDoran

Postby danbish » 22 Feb 2013, 14:02

I gave it a download last night and it looks gorgeous! You can see straight away Nintendo have given it some shine and polish - the SNES sprites look amazing in HD! :D
3DS: 0920-1615-5762. NNID: TheFatPlumber. PM me if you add me & I'll add you back.
Yes I am a Nintendo fanboy, no I don't care. Dorkly
danbish

Postby Waldy565 » 22 Feb 2013, 15:05

Well, never played a F-Zero game, so I'll go download this now, seeming as I got a good 45 mins before work! Let the good times roll!
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby S0raBuzz » 23 Feb 2013, 02:42

Herbert_Rarr wrote:30p is a lot of money. You could buy two whole Freddos with that!

Sadly not in this economy. Freddos are about £30 each now.
S0raBuzz

Postby S0raBuzz » 23 Feb 2013, 02:44

Great game but I've gotta ask, are all the 30p games gonna be the ones we got for free in the 3DS ambassador program?
S0raBuzz

Postby danbish » 23 Feb 2013, 11:26

S0raBuzz wrote:Great game but I've gotta ask, are all the 30p games gonna be the ones we got for free in the 3DS ambassador program?

Nope. Super Metroid, Kirby's Adventure and Donkey Kong are in there - and I'm really hoping that Donkey Kong is the full, four level version and not the stripped down three level version I fell for on Wii's VC. I'm almost positive it will be but I'm still hoping it won't be.
3DS: 0920-1615-5762. NNID: TheFatPlumber. PM me if you add me & I'll add you back.
Yes I am a Nintendo fanboy, no I don't care. Dorkly
danbish

Postby theguygamer » 24 Feb 2013, 10:13

Still yet to download F-Zero because I have been messing around on the MH3U demo. Is it as good as I remember? My childhood seems to remember the original F-Zero as being AWESOME!
Currently playing: The Wonderful 101 on Wii U, and Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies / Pokémon Y on 3DS.
theguygamer

Postby angrybaldman666 » 24 Feb 2013, 15:16

Why are these not coming out on the 3DS :evil: I Think Nintendo are missing a trick here. Playing SNES games on the go would be great. First of all there is no F-Zero or anything like it for the 3DS/DS then there is the Donkey Kong Country games( Yes I know that Donkey Kong Country Returns) is coming but what about the the Original SNES Games, and Super StarWars games and then the list goes on (Rock 'N Roll Racing, Super Mario All-Stars, Zombies Ate My Neighbors,Super Castlevania IV, Super Contra,Super Metroid,Sunset Riders,Super Pang,Phalanx,UN Squadron,Super Ghouls N' Ghosts,Lemmings,R-Type III: The Third Lightning) I know I have gone on and on but the list could go bigger but these where just some of the games I played and would play again sorry about the rant :D
angrybaldman666

Postby Spyrolad » 24 Feb 2013, 16:50

The trailer could've just been a black screen with the big blue music and it would have still been awesome!
Spyrolad