Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Retro City Rampage coming to WiiWare next week

Comment on site articles.

Another good week for downloads?

With Castlevania, Monster Hunter demos plus NightSky and F-Zero, it's been a good week in the Wii U and 3DS eShops. Well, next week could also be decent as Retro City Rampage is coming to WiiWare.

... read more

Postby Slinkington » 22 Feb 2013, 12:16

Not on the Wi U eShop? Why are they supporting the Wii and 3DS so much. The Wii U has horrible support right now. Yes, we can play it on the Wii U, but I'd rather it be on the Wii U eShop.
Slinkington

Postby phoenixology » 22 Feb 2013, 12:17

I would, but find the Wii mode irritating.

WiiWare titles should appear on the Wii U eShop and be on the dashboard.
phoenixology

Re: Retro City Rampage coming to WiiWare next week

Postby Fidu » 22 Feb 2013, 12:41

I have this game on Steam and I love it. Very funny too. :)
Fidu

Postby JoeOdranDoran » 22 Feb 2013, 12:43

I might just get it. And while the Wii function on the Wii U is a pain, it's miles better than the PS4's backward compatibility, which is to say, it actually exists.
JoeOdranDoran

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 22 Feb 2013, 12:59

I was interested, and there's something about it that's enticing (mainly the retro charm and pop-culture references), But that trailer makes it look just so eclectic and confusing. I'll definitely be waiting for your review before making up my mind.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby jaco_p » 22 Feb 2013, 13:17

Looks really excellent! hmm, steam or wii?
i've met mario!!XD twice!
pm me someone please for wario diy, MH3, mariokart wii, brawl, etc i've got loadsa online games doing nuffin!
check out my registered games :-) http://www.nintendo-europe.com/user/jaco_pastorius
jaco_p

Postby metalgario » 22 Feb 2013, 13:20

It looks good but play's terrible, tried a demo on PS3 and wasn't impressed by the GTA gameplay.
metalgario

Postby danbish » 22 Feb 2013, 14:05

I'm really looking forward to this and I have every intention of buying it but I wish they'd have released it on the WiiU eShop too. I need something to play from the WiiU eShop as what's on there (the virtual console titles aside) just isn't taking my interest.
3DS: 0920-1615-5762. NNID: TheFatPlumber. PM me if you add me & I'll add you back.
Yes I am a Nintendo fanboy, no I don't care. Dorkly
danbish