Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

NBA 2K13 Wii U review

Comment on site articles.

2K Sports tell some tall tales in the best sports game on Wii U

All you need to know about how good the NBA 2K series is that EA Sports is positively terrified of going up against it. Twice in the last three years now, the pattern has gone like this: EA announces a rival NBA game, designs a box for it, releases some pretty-ish screenshots to the press and even goes so far as to set a release date for it. Then, at the last minute, it sees 2K's latest effort, cacks its (New York) knicks and puts its series in the freezer for another year.

... read more

NBA 2K13 Wii U review

Postby zappy27 » 24 Feb 2013, 11:34

zappy27

Re: NBA 2K13 Wii U review

Postby tohaker » 24 Feb 2013, 14:02

I have been playing the demo and I was astounded by the gameplay and graphics. My dad even thought we had an Xbox! It did take a while to learn the controls as it was my first time playing a 2K game, but after 10 minutes I had the basics mastered and was winning every match :D
tohaker

Postby Domey3 » 24 Feb 2013, 14:08

Isn't the Wii U capable of better graphics than the Xbox 360?
Domey3

Postby GiftedGimp » 25 Feb 2013, 14:12

Domey3 wrote:Isn't the Wii U capable of better graphics than the Xbox 360?

Yes,Yes it is.
However, Its a ps3/360 port, which means devs have done minimal work to bring it to WiiU.

2k arn't the only ones to be fair, (I believe) evey 3rd party game that was on 360/ps3 have been ported, some of which have suffered as a result on not being optimised for the architecture of the WiiU.
To be honest whats bailed the Lazy ports out of total trouble is people like the Gamepad features that have been added.

However, Need For Speed Most Wanted is supposed to be one of the first games properly brought to the WiiU, and is reportedly much better looking than the Ps3/360 counterparts.
Only a few weeks to find out for sure if this is the case, hopefully Criterion have delivered what they say they have.

Any game that looks the same as it does on Ps3/360 and/or has framerate issues not found on the other platforms are Lazy Ports.
GiftedGimp

Postby toffeeman30 » 25 Feb 2013, 14:21

the gameplay runs in 30fps compared to 60fps on xbox, looks intriguing though
toffeeman30