Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Disney Infinity playsets cost up to £39.99

Comment on site articles.

Cars playset costs £39.99 at Amazon

A single Disney Infinity Playset will cost over £30. As you may already know, Disney Inifinity Starter Pack prices have been set between £50 and £70 but extra Playsets such as the one based on Cars can cost up to £39.99.

... read more

Disney Infinity playsets cost up to £39.99

Postby ledreppe » 25 Feb 2013, 13:03

Hell no! I'm not going to be fleeced by what is a cynical attempt at robbing younger gamers (actually their parents) of huge sums of cash. The moment I heard of this game's announcement I was immediately repulsed by it, another Skylanders, count me out for sure.
Nintendo Network ID: BigAl79
3DS Friend Code
Getting: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Rayman Legends.
Mii QR Code
Twitter
YouTube
Where Nintendo lead, others follow!
ledreppe

Re: Disney Infinity playsets cost up to £39.99

Postby Scraggy man » 25 Feb 2013, 13:19

Parents tear out your children's eyes before the ridiculously priced figures march on self's
Scraggy man

Postby Rio-roller » 25 Feb 2013, 13:23

i was quite interested in this game.
but with the figures costing that much i think i'll make a pass on this one
3DS-FC 4398 9576 5323 NNID-Riobro
playing pokemon X, Monster Hunter 3U, Animal crossing, mario kart 7, DOA, ,
NSMB2 on 3DS
Assassins creed black flag, rayman legends, Monster Hunter 3U, zombiU, NSMBU and trine 2 on wiiU
PM me if you add me thanks
Rio-roller

Postby Rufan » 25 Feb 2013, 13:24

I think it's terrible to charge that much I don't have kids either but if I did and wait till they were 11 or 12 and let them play better games, because most kids games for young kids aren't worth it.
Looking for Animal Crossing New Leaf friends, My friend Code is: 3566-1527-3477 Please PM me your friend code so that I can add you. thanks!
Rufan

Postby shy guy 64 » 25 Feb 2013, 14:40

thats me put off the game all together now
life, don't talk to me about life
sig was made by chocolate milk
shy guy 64

Postby Shmilly » 25 Feb 2013, 14:43

If these were actual full play sets as well as figures for the game, it might be justified. Imagine it as a toy box for the film which can be used as just figures for a child to play with. But for just a couple of new characters, this looks like a far worse rip-off of the Skylanders formula.
ビジュアル系のファン
Shmilly

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 25 Feb 2013, 14:47

This is getting a bit too much now,£40 for a couple of figures,and a Playset thing,is a gigantic rip-off.
As much as Disney Infinity is look really good,I think I might pass,because it's going to get quite expensive.
Currently playing:Metal Gear Ground Zeroes
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
imbusydoctorwho

Postby Flyingleaf » 25 Feb 2013, 16:28

These prices are beyond belief! I for one have been completely put off purchasing the game now. Such a shame.
However long the night, Dawn will break.
Flyingleaf

Postby bouncer0304 » 25 Feb 2013, 17:23

For the price of the Cars set you could get TWO packs of three figures for Skylanders series and still have change left over. Disney should be ashamed of themselves and i for one will be warning my friends with kids about this. It's pure greed and nothing more.

Proud to be a female gamer- doing it for the ladies ;-)

Costain campaigning and fundraising award winner 2012

Dream address: 6000-2195-4609
bouncer0304

Postby sciqueen » 25 Feb 2013, 21:09

Well, parents, don't be weak and get these for your little brats when they start crying! Get some Mario games instead.
sciqueen