Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

6 coolest things in the new Monster Hunter 4 trailer

Comment on site articles.

John Vekinis explains some of the highlights

Recently we have been treated to a hearty Monster Hunter 4 trailer. Capcom has been kind enough to show off new features as well as elaborating on already known features so here's a few exciting bits and bobs that I noticed while watching the trailer.

... read more

Postby torterratrainer » 25 Feb 2013, 17:26

i like the new snake monster but i do need to know : where do i cut the tail off?
also I would love to battle the Khezu as it's definitive a gigginox beater in the scare factor :D
Torterratrainer has evolved into AzureRathalos!
Hey monster Hunter fans! check out the guild hall on chatango for monster hunter chats and mingling :)
http://mhunterguildhall.chatango.com/
torterratrainer

Postby TomMc92 » 25 Feb 2013, 17:28

I really enjoyed this trailer, showed of lots of new features in the game, i know we won't get it till next year or the year after but still can't wait to play it. Excitied already about playing MH3U and this looks great possibly even better. Can't wait to fight all the new monsters that last dragon it showed looked bigger than any other monster i've seen before, could be a new elder dragon we'd have to wait and see. With the added online mutliplayer it's really turning out to be one to keep a look out for!
Most wanted games: Monster Hunter 4, Rune factory 4, Lugi Mansion, Dragon Quest 7 3DS, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate edition, Smash Bros game for 3DS and Wii U

Rune Factory 4 is on 3DS!
Finally have a Wii U looking forward to playing MH3U!
TomMc92

Re: 6 coolest things in the new Monster Hunter 4 trailer

Postby lrwr14 » 25 Feb 2013, 18:19

The snake monster looks like Raviente, which was in MH Frontier.
Master of the Long Sword.
lrwr14

Postby Xenobladeperson » 25 Feb 2013, 18:26

Why did you even mention climbing? It's been around in past games.
Nintendo Ninja wrote:Never fear everything can be resolved by a large amount of violence
Xenobladeperson

Postby Nintendo fan 1 » 25 Feb 2013, 19:10

Last Thursday I played the monster hunter 3 ultimate demo. I didn't, like the graphics too much and the time limit detracted from the experience, also the controls were annoying. However on a more positive note the range of classes was amazing! As well as the adorable Cha Cha and good gameplay. Sadly I'll give this a miss, nevertheless I'm heavily anticipating the incredible animal crossing (new leaf) and fire emblem awakening. Oh by the way this is my first comment LOL!
Nintendo fan 1

Postby lrwr14 » 25 Feb 2013, 19:59

Nintendo fan 1 wrote:Last Thursday I played the monster hunter 3 ultimate demo. I didn't, like the graphics too much and the time limit detracted from the experience, also the controls were annoying. However on a more positive note the range of classes was amazing! As well as the adorable Cha Cha and good gameplay. Sadly I'll give this a miss, nevertheless I'm heavily anticipating the incredible animal crossing (new leaf) and fire emblem awakening. Oh by the way this is my first comment LOL!

Missions last 50 minutes in the full game, it's only 20 as Capcom don't want you doing to much in the demo.
Master of the Long Sword.
lrwr14

Postby Mew3 » 25 Feb 2013, 20:21

This game looks amazing. It's my second most anticipated game (after x and y but before animal crossing).
Mew3

Postby KH81314 » 25 Feb 2013, 20:26

Xenobladeperson wrote:Why did you even mention climbing? It's been around in past games.

Seems much more focused on in this game and used for battle. What I'm confused about is why its mentioned here we already knew about it from past trailers.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby Xenobladeperson » 25 Feb 2013, 22:55

Nintendo fan 1 wrote:Last Thursday I played the monster hunter 3 ultimate demo. I didn't, like the graphics too much and the time limit detracted from the experience, also the controls were annoying. However on a more positive note the range of classes was amazing! As well as the adorable Cha Cha and good gameplay. Sadly I'll give this a miss, nevertheless I'm heavily anticipating the incredible animal crossing (new leaf) and fire emblem awakening. Oh by the way this is my first comment LOL!

The demo wasn't that great, get the WiiU version for online multiplayer and superior controls. And the time limit is much more reasonable in the full game.

And those were just default classes, in the actual game you can customize and forge different pieces of armour and weapons.
Nintendo Ninja wrote:Never fear everything can be resolved by a large amount of violence
Xenobladeperson

Postby GiftedGimp » 26 Feb 2013, 16:14

Big Fan of Mh1 & 2, never played 3 till the demo and kind of agree with you, but also know that there is a lot more to MH than the demo reveals.

I think the biggest problem with WiiU Mh3, is that its a Upgraded Wii Game, I'm sort of on the fence about it tbh. Yes I know I will enjoy it, but with Most Wanted coming out and the Lego (forget its full title now) game out soon I might just wait untill Mh4, or till a time it can be brought for around 20 quid.
GiftedGimp