Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Beyond Good And Evil 2 is 'still coming,' says Ubisoft CEO

Comment on site articles.

GameCube classic will return but on which format?

Cult GameCube classic Beyond Good And Evil will return to our screens. Yes, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has assured fans that Beyond Good And Evil 2 will be released in the future but stopped short of confirming a release date or which platform it will be released on.

... read more

Beyond Good And Evil 2 is 'still coming,' says Ubisoft CEO

Postby Spyrolad » 26 Feb 2013, 11:29

I loved the first one. shame it's by Ubisoft.
Spyrolad

Re: Beyond Good And Evil 2 is 'still coming,' says Ubisoft C

Postby MinkyWhistle » 26 Feb 2013, 11:46

Give Ubisoft a break, I think the timing of their Wii U Watch Dogs announcement and their Wii U sale more than makes up for the Rayman mistake...although they could still bring out Rayman NOW :-P

With Nintendo sponsoring the Bayonetta sequel to secure it as a Wii U exclusive it would be interesting to see them strike up some kind of deal with Ubisoft over Beyond Good and Evil 2, now that'd be an awesome exclusive to have on Wii U. And release a HD remake of the original a couple of months before for an attractive price to rally some interest among U owners and refresh our memories...that would be, dare I say...beyond good!
MinkyWhistle

Postby Peg » 26 Feb 2013, 12:05

"Beyond Good & Evil" is one of my favourite games and I'd love to see a sequel on a Nintendo-console. :)
Peg

Postby GiftedGimp » 26 Feb 2013, 15:29

So tired of 'hate ubisoft' comments now.
Yes they delayed a game & Yes it was a kick in the teeth for us WiiU owners.
However They ARE the most WiiU Supportive Dev around at the moment. They ARE NOT shunning the WiiU at every oppertunity in favor of Ps4 and Nextbox.
Fact is Rayman IS coming to WiiU & It will have Exclusive features ONLY on WiiU.

Don't get me wrong, I was angry at the delay, but look at the bigger picture people, EA are not supporting ME3 with any dlc, EA are telling people not to bother with WiiU, other developers are too lazy to bother develop games to use the WiiUs GPGPU properly and then moan they can't get the Cpu to do what they want, despite the GPGPU supposed to be doing what they want the cpu to do.

I'm not going to boycott Rayman or any other Ubisoft game, If the game is good, takes advantage of both the WiiU's architecture and Touchpad then why miss out on a great game because of one lousy decision.
Fact is if Ubisoft make really good games on the WiiU, and achieve decent sales, then other reluctant 3rd party publishers will be persuaded to make games on WiiU.

The more quality games Ubisoft bring to WiiU the better, I say.
GiftedGimp

Postby Mr Roboto » 26 Feb 2013, 21:02

I hope this lives up to all the hype that's surrounding it as it has some big shoes to fill!
Mr Roboto

Postby Waldy565 » 27 Feb 2013, 00:02

Never played the original but sounds like my game, plus I never here anything but praise for it - bring it on Ubi! A 3DS version could work also Ubisoft *hint! hint!*
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Waldy565 » 27 Feb 2013, 00:04

Never played the original but sounds like my game, plus I never here anything but praise for it - bring it on Ubi! A 3DS version could also work wonders Ubi! Yeah, cliche camera use! Yaaaaay! *hint! hint!*

We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565

Postby Waldy565 » 27 Feb 2013, 00:06

MinkyWhistle wrote:Give Ubisoft a break, I think the timing of their Wii U Watch Dogs announcement and their Wii U sale more than makes up for the Rayman mistake...although they could still bring out Rayman NOW :-P

With Nintendo sponsoring the Bayonetta sequel to secure it as a Wii U exclusive it would be interesting to see them strike up some kind of deal with Ubisoft over Beyond Good and Evil 2, now that'd be an awesome exclusive to have on Wii U. And release a HD remake of the original a couple of months before for an attractive price to rally some interest among U owners and refresh our memories...that would be, dare I say...beyond good!

I totally agree, plus a HD remake of the original a few months before the sequel? Genius! Plus, I have one thing to add to the Ubi haters - Assassin's Creed. 'Nuff said.

Waldy565