Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

We're launching the Official Pokemon Magazine next month, su

Comment on site articles.

First issue comes with four free Pokemon gifts

The first ever issue of the Official Pokemon Magazine will be released on 20 March. That's right, the team behind ONM have been working hard to bring Pokemon fans a new monthly magazine devoted to all things Pokemon. That's the videogames, the Trading Card Game, the TV shows, the films and more.

... read more

We're launching the Official Pokemon Magazine next month, su

Postby Zaphod_B » 26 Feb 2013, 13:18

Subscribe link doesn't work for me...Could I ask what the subscription rate would be after the first few for a fiver? Thinking that a year's worth would be a good present for someone!
Zaphod_B

Re: We're launching the Official Pokemon Magazine next month

Postby tomonm » 26 Feb 2013, 13:24

Zaphod_B wrote:Subscribe link doesn't work for me...Could I ask what the subscription rate would be after the first few for a fiver? Thinking that a year's worth would be a good present for someone!

Sorry. Subscribe link should be working now.

http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/pokw14
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby Zaphod_B » 26 Feb 2013, 13:30

Link works a treat now, cheers for that Tom!
Zaphod_B

Postby B. Charmander » 26 Feb 2013, 13:39

This is great news. I started to collect the Pokemon Official Magazine that was launched in 2004 but was disappointed when it was discontinued after the second issue. If I could make one request for the magazine, it would be that you appeal to Pokemon fans from ALL generations and age groups. I'm 21 and still very much into the games (not so much the show now), so it would be awesome to see features covering Red and Blue all the way to the present day. Maybe you could also look at iconic moments from the past, such as digging into photo archives for images of fans during the height of the hype when Pokemon first came to the UK - yep, i'm a sucker for nostalgia. :lol: Good luck guys!
Blazing Charmander on Serebiiforums and Bulbagarden Forums.
B. Charmander

Postby King Slazo » 26 Feb 2013, 13:48

Considering that Pokémon World proved that there just isn't anywhere near the volume of content to justify a monthly magazine, combined with Serebii and Bulbapedia being far easier pools of information for everything Pokémon I could ever want, I'll give this a miss, sorry.
~ a r r o g a n c e e t e r n a l ~ to tweetfinity and beyond
King Slazo
ONM Moderator

Postby B. Charmander » 26 Feb 2013, 14:00

King Slazo wrote:Considering that Pokémon World proved that there just isn't anywhere near the volume of content to justify a monthly magazine, combined with Serebii and Bulbapedia being far easier pools of information for everything Pokémon I could ever want, I'll give this a miss, sorry.

I'm not sure that I agree. Pokemon World is not/was not (it's been years since I bought an issue, so not sure if it's still even in circulation) an official publication, whereas this magazine will presumably be able to make full use of the Pokemon license. That said, i'm very wary that NOM launched a similar magazine nearly 10 years ago that lasted for only two issues.

Time will tell, and at the moment i'm probably just as sceptical, but at least for now i'm excited to see a monthly magazine dedicated to all things Pokemon back on the UK High Street.
Blazing Charmander on Serebiiforums and Bulbagarden Forums.
B. Charmander

Postby imbusydoctorwho » 26 Feb 2013, 14:39

I might grab a copy next month,but I can't see they'll be enough Pokemon content to justify a monthly magazine,but hey we'll see.
3DS FC: 3067-6402-2163 (please add me as I need some friends)
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
PSN: Crossword-Man
imbusydoctorwho

Postby KH81314 » 26 Feb 2013, 14:53

Interesting to see how well this will do.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby dap005 » 26 Feb 2013, 15:17

I thought Chandra wasn't fond of the series or did he recently convert to a poke-fan like Gav did? I suppose you don't have to be a fan to edit a magazine though :P
Google Plus page for my freeware thread: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/105394026066349779263
My tumblr (graphiczzz): https://dap005.tumblr.com
My main blog (musingzzz): https://danwensmusing.wordpress.com
dap005

Postby ChandraONM » 26 Feb 2013, 15:34

dap005 wrote:I thought Chandra wasn't fond of the series or did he recently convert to a poke-fan like Gav did? I suppose you don't have to be a fan to edit a magazine though :P

I'm a big Pokémon fan but I think some of the recent videogames don't live up to the hype, that's all.
I love Pokémon as a brand and the Pokémon themselves.

Also, I just want to be very clear that this magazine is not going to be ONM for Pokémon.
They are very different offerings.
ChandraONM
ONM Staff

Postby CaptainSnivy » 26 Feb 2013, 15:40

It's a really nice thought because I've always wanted an Official Pokemon Magazine, but I just think that the combination of Bulbapedia, Serebii, Smogon, and other websites is much better (plus, it's free). However, I really appreciate what you're doing here and I'll probably get the first issue just to see what it's like and to support the team.
CaptainSnivy

Postby EighteenSky » 26 Feb 2013, 16:15

I'll likely buy a few issues, glad there is an official magazine now though as Pokémon/Pocket World was a bit cack. If you can keep a steady stream of good quality features then it should be able to last.
EighteenSky

Postby Mew3 » 26 Feb 2013, 16:27

Just how long is this magazine exactly? I hope it's not like Pocket World (my brother gets it, but he's only 8 so he can't tell how bad it is even though I tell him :( ), I'll point this out to him and maybe he'll actually start reading something of actual quality. :roll:
Mew3

Postby CyberGW » 26 Feb 2013, 16:52

This sends very interesting. I'll definitely pick up the first issue (probably subscribe) and then I'll see how good it is.
But with Chandra as editor, it should end up being great. Really excited.
Current Favourite Game: Tomodachi Life
Most Anticipated Game: Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS
NNID: CyberGW
CyberGW

Postby rayquaza9999 » 26 Feb 2013, 17:02

It would be great if it sold, but the Pokemon Official Magazine (2004) and Pokemon World shows that it probably won't.
Not only that but almost all of Future's gaming magazines have taken a hit in readership. Nintendo Power and the physical version of Nintendo Gamer were both recently cancelled, the later just months after re branding. It would be nice if it works (and I'll probably buy it regardless due to Future's having a history of quality magazine's) but I really don't how it could be profitable as the gaming magazine market is fading so unless there is some major innovation and marketing I don't see this lasting more than a year.
rayquaza9999

Postby Pyron12 » 26 Feb 2013, 17:21

Depending on what you get, I might subscribe but I would have to cancel my ONM subscription! :(
Friend Code: 3780-9511-6018
Pyron12

Postby MatthewONM » 26 Feb 2013, 17:25

Pyron12 wrote:Depending on what you get, I might subscribe but I would have to cancel my ONM subscription! :(

Don't do it! I should really state that the Pokemon magazine is *quite* different to ONM. And I'd like to think that we cover all your Pokemon needs in good enough detail in the magazine...
MatthewONM
ONM Staff

Postby pokemaniac 212 » 26 Feb 2013, 17:35

As a few others have said I'm not sure if there's enough content to justify a dedicated monthly magazine, but I'll certainly pick up the first issue to find out.
LGonm: poke you're so [removed] liberal
pokemaniac 212
ONM Moderator

Postby Captain Kuchiki » 26 Feb 2013, 17:45

Put in my 3 month subscription order! Let's hope it does better than the last one.

In regards to content...considering the international launch of XY...I'm wondering if our monthly issues will have XY news synchronised with Japan's CoroCoro?
Captain Kuchiki

Postby PeterR » 26 Feb 2013, 17:54

Three issues for a fiver, I'm trying that out definitely, hopefully it'll be good.
PeterR

Postby wghtmf » 26 Feb 2013, 18:02

This is great news for me, because I've always wanted a good magazine with a section about the Pokémon TCG. I won't start getting the mag just yet, though, because I don't want spoilers for X and Y.
'Don't question game logic, or the universe will implode.' ~ PkGam, YouTube
wghtmf

Postby Pokefan93 » 26 Feb 2013, 18:26

What would republic of Ireland come under? Im guessing it would be europe?
Jellicent the magical Floating Jellyfish

“Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.”

Pokémon Black Friend code: 0433 4424 7260
Pokefan93

Postby widdlersbrew » 26 Feb 2013, 18:54

I don't think I'm going to be replacing ONM or PC Gamer for this, somehow.
widdlersbrew

Postby OrangeRakoon » 26 Feb 2013, 19:14

Think I'll pick this up and have a read
OrangeRakoon
ONM Moderator

Postby TheVelvetRoom » 26 Feb 2013, 19:24

Not ashamed to say I want it for those badges.
PS Forever UK an enthusiast site for Playstation games new and old
Steam: velv
PSN: tvrsteve
TheVelvetRoom

Next