Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Rayman Legends can be one of the best Wii U games - Ubisoft

Comment on site articles.

Ubisoft working to improve Rayman Legends before September release date

Rayman Legends may have been delayed until September in order to release the game on more formats but according to Yves Guillemot, this gives the development team more time to ensure that it can be one of the best Wii U games.

... read more

Rayman Legends can be one of the best Wii U games - Ubisoft

Postby reeesy » 27 Feb 2013, 10:59

Sorry Ubisoft. Keep trying.
reeesy

Re: Rayman Legends can be one of the best Wii U games - Ubis

Postby Cidiyance » 27 Feb 2013, 12:22

It seems like Ubi isn't changing their minds so... I EXPECT BEYAND REVOLUTION! Think you can deliver? From what I've played you got my attention.
Let the fire burn, the Hero die and the world turning into a shadow of light! Time has come for you to challenge me!
Cidiyance

Postby adamatsu » 27 Feb 2013, 12:26

how many excuses are they going to come up with??
adamatsu

Postby Scraggy man » 27 Feb 2013, 12:34

I think the only way they are going to make it up to Nintendo fans now. Is if they throw in a boatload of exclusive content along with a few extras that they keep promosing. Also a free CD with the soundtrack. Odds of this happerning though are slinm. I am guessing all this new bosses and stuff will find its way onto PS3 and Xbox so nothing new is added
Scraggy man

Postby GiftedGimp » 27 Feb 2013, 12:45

Get over it!
Yes its a kick in the teeth it was delayed when the game was completed, but it's still coming to WiiU, it looks like it's going t o be a bigger game to boot, more refinments added aswell as the exclusive features which will only be on WiiU due to the touch screen features.

Ubisoft are the Only Major Publisher not shying away from the WiiU at the moment & Continually announcing new games, and may actually influence other 3rd party publishers to be interested in the WiiU.

Rayman Legends will be in my collection, along with other good Ubisoft Titles, anyone who boycott ubisoft for 1 silly decision are beiing even more stupid themselves.
GiftedGimp

Postby adamatsu » 27 Feb 2013, 13:20

GiftedGimp wrote:Ubisoft are the Only Major Publisher not shying away from the WiiU at the moment & Continually announcing new games, and may actually influence other 3rd party publishers to be interested in the WiiU.

Really? Capcom aren't a major publisher then? Square Enix aren't a major publisher? Sega aren't a major publisher? etc....I really hope other publishers DON'T follow Ubisoft's appalling behaviour...deciding to delay a finished game, and go against their word a fortnight before release date just to cash in on a nefarious deal with microsoft and whoever else for a few extra bucks. Surely that's reducing the perception of confidence in the new console, when it needs support.
adamatsu

Postby Lewis Daisley » 27 Feb 2013, 14:22

It could be one of the best games on Wii U now. But think about when it comes out Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.... You know where i'm going. It will have to be really awesome if it wants to be one of the best Wii U games come September.
Lewis Daisley

Postby KH81314 » 27 Feb 2013, 15:02

The only good thing Ubisoft has done recently is bringing Watch Dogs to the Wii U.
Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness
KH81314

Postby Spyrolad » 27 Feb 2013, 15:19

Imagine if Portal had an extra level, would it make the game better? No, it would make it worse! The number of levels in a game isn't just decided by how many they can make in the time and within the budget. Release the game Ubi.
Spyrolad

Postby Jase Hopkin » 27 Feb 2013, 15:27

The social features don't matter at all to me. I don't think the extra content makes up for the delay. There would have to be a lot of extra content to justify a 6-7 month delay.
Jase Hopkin

Postby K-tet » 27 Feb 2013, 17:47

"It can be, can it? Maybe it would be if it released now rather than in September" is what I mostly hear.

I don't think Ubisoft can win back all of the fans that bought a Wii U for this title unless they pull something extraordinary out of the bag and load the Wii U version with a lot more content and keep that exclusive to the system. Actions speak louder than words after all.
K-tet

Postby CyberGW » 27 Feb 2013, 18:04

Looks guys, please try and get over it.
I was looking forward to Rayman Legends like mad as well. You can't say that I wasn't looking forward to it as much as you, because I was. But saying how you will never buy a Ubisoft title again is over the top.
You were going to buy Rayman Legends before because you saw that it was an amazing game. Not to give Ubisoft a bit of cash. And Rayman Legends will still be an awesome game, if not even awesomer game, when it releases in September and you are just stopping yourself from buying and loving the game you wanted to get. Not buying it isn't going to solve anything, so just please wait, buy it and enjoy it.
We have suffered a delay on this game before. But survived. OK, this time it's a slightly longer delay and rather hard hitting with the other console versions but we can take it again. And Ubisoft are giving us a free mode, which is better than nothing.
So why can't we all just play this new mode, love it, and look forward to the final release this September. It was the Ubisoft marketing or whatever who delayed it, not Ancel or the development team. So help the development team and pick it up, don't let the big guys ruin it for you.
And finally, the reason why it was delayed is Ubisoft say Wii U games aren't selling enough. This is why they are porting Legends over to other consoles. And with you guys saying how you're not going to buy it on Wii U anymore, it will only make the problem even worse.
Current Favourite Game: Wind Waker HD
Most Anticipated Game: MarioKart 8
Animal Crossing Dream Address: 6100-2230-3133
CyberGW

Postby Argenthor » 27 Feb 2013, 18:30

Imagine if after all this it turns out to be a mediocre game!
Argenthor

Postby PokerusZero » 27 Feb 2013, 18:50

This game better be good now. I will buy the game, but after all this I HAD BETTER BE GOOD!
PokerusZero

Postby GiftedGimp » 27 Feb 2013, 19:54

adamatsu wrote:
GiftedGimp wrote:Ubisoft are the Only Major Publisher not shying away from the WiiU at the moment & Continually announcing new games, and may actually influence other 3rd party publishers to be interested in the WiiU.

Really? Capcom aren't a major publisher then? Square Enix aren't a major publisher? Sega aren't a major publisher? etc....I really hope other publishers DON'T follow Ubisoft's appalling behaviour...deciding to delay a finished game, and go against their word a fortnight before release date just to cash in on a nefarious deal with microsoft and whoever else for a few extra bucks. Surely that's reducing the perception of confidence in the new console, when it needs support.

Yes your right but, how many games have these others been announcing, where are the positive comments about the WiiU these publishers been putting out there?

Ubisoft is the publisher announcing on a regular basis that x game and y game is comming to WiiU, they are the only publisher putting out positve comments about the WiiU.
GiftedGimp

Postby Zaphod_B » 27 Feb 2013, 20:02

Nice try Yves Guillemot, but as the man with the power to make it come out on time, I call male-cow-excrement. It's not that I don't appreciate what Ubisoft are bringing over time, it's that the game was ready and they delayed it not to make the best game ever, but to have a simultaneous release. The fact he can't see how utterly stupid a decision that was stuns me, there aren't many other better ways to make a entire group of consumers feel totally unimportant.
Zaphod_B

Postby Alaxtis » 27 Feb 2013, 20:10

Ubisoft, Namco Bandai, EA, they all make some good games and a lot of horrible games.
Just money-grubbing, they should release the wii u version now and if they want to release it for other platforms as well, do that in September.
Luigi!!
Alaxtis

Postby briwipdx » 27 Feb 2013, 21:16

their new PR manager must be working overtime. give 'em a raise! :mrgreen:
briwipdx

Postby Riverlution » 27 Feb 2013, 21:54

This is the thing - delaying a game to make it better is fine. But thats NOT why they delayed it. We all know that.
Riverlution

Postby TrafalgarLaw » 27 Feb 2013, 23:35

Why boycott a beatiful game like Rayman Legends? You can boycott the 1000 other Ubisoft games...but a corporate decision to delay the release is really not a reason to boycott a game. Even Michel Angel was not happy about it, and he is leaving Ubisoft over this matter. Why not give him a final farewell by buying his great games?
TrafalgarLaw

Postby Johny G » 28 Feb 2013, 08:04

Rumour has it that Ubisoft may be releasing the new Splinter Cell game on Wii U but again that is just a rumour.
Johny G

Postby Herbert_Rarr » 28 Feb 2013, 20:50

You had your chance.
Free Nintendo points codes, 3DS and Wii U eShop codes, and many others here: http://lootpalace.com/?ref=182952. Guaranteed not a scam. PM me for more info.
Herbert_Rarr