Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

All-new Meloetta screenshots - see the Mythical Normal Pokem

Comment on site articles.

Meloetta takes on Mienfoo. Who will win?

You can see Meloetta battling in her Aria and Pirouette Forme in these new Pokemon Black and White screenshots. You'll be able to get Meloetta for your copy of Pokemon Black or White or Pokemon Black 2 or White 2 next month and these images show the Mythical Normal Pokemon in battle with Mienfoo, the 5th Generation Fighting Pokemon.

... read more

All-new Meloetta screenshots - see the Mythical Normal Pokem

Postby K-tet » 27 Feb 2013, 11:02

I've used Meloetta before. Her Pirouette forme is pretty good if you want to dispatch of any Dark or Steel-types, but leaves itself open to opposing Fighting-types due to its Normal typing. She's one of those where her Aria forme, despite the weaknesses that come with the part Psychic-type, is arguably her better forme and typing. The only advantage with Pirouette forme is Close Combat coming off that base 128 Attack, and her base 128 speed.

It must be said that both formes are immune to Ghost-type attacks due to her part Normal-typing. The only type that changes with formes is Psychic to Fighting from Aria to Pirouette.
K-tet

Re: All-new Meloetta screenshots - see the Mythical Normal P

Postby olrodlegacy » 27 Feb 2013, 14:02

K-tet wrote:I've used Meloetta before.

I hope it was from a US/Japan download! Hacking's not good, kids...
Twitter: @olrodlegacy 3DS Friend Code: 3523-2031-4532. PM me yours!

"There is a purpose greater than myself."
olrodlegacy

Postby K-tet » 27 Feb 2013, 14:23

olrodlegacy wrote:
K-tet wrote:I've used Meloetta before.

I hope it was from a US/Japan download! Hacking's not good, kids...

Clearly you have no grasp of theorymonning. =3 There are plenty of simulators that allow you to test out Pokémon and movesets in-vitro before you decide whether or not to use it in an official game.

I'll let you decide how to interpret that. Assuming hacks is baseless, that's all I will say.
K-tet

Postby TheNUKEnukeM » 27 Feb 2013, 18:06

This probably isnt the best article to be writing this but, I watched the episode with Meloetta on the app and I am really looking forward to catching one.
When I go out some people ask me-Hey what's with the name. Well My real surname is Newcomb. And its sounds like Nukem as in Duke Nukem the game character (never played it, im two young). So I have adopted it and put in frustrating capital letters.
TheNUKEnukeM

Postby alexkinch » 27 Feb 2013, 18:25

Woo this replaces my japanese cinema one i got in a trade that was most likly cloned. Thats all the events now.

Thanks to MartinisAwesome for the sig,
Wii u Id is alexkinch
3ds FC is 2191 7652 3318
alexkinch

Postby Argenthor » 27 Feb 2013, 18:29

To be completely honest, I love the pokemon games (although I haven't played Black or White 2) but they are getting ridiculous with the amount of legendaries now.

Apart from them main two for the next game, I really don't care about them any more! Give me the original birds any day...
Argenthor

Postby Waldy565 » 27 Feb 2013, 19:12

Argenthor wrote:To be completely honest, I love the pokemon games (although I haven't played Black or White 2) but they are getting ridiculous with the amount of legendaries now.

Apart from them main two for the next game, I really don't care about them any more! Give me the original birds any day...

Before I start, I completely agree with you. But, really, the original birds over Regice, Regirock and Registeel, which in 4th Gen turned into Regigigas! Heheh, but yeah, 5th Gen legendaries are much over-saturated... And you need to get yo @ss on the Unova sequels! My personal 2nd fave Pokemon games ever (damn you nostalgia and therefore my love of Hoenn haha!)
3DS Code = 4914-3785-6773 - feel free to add! :)

Loving my Wii U and it's libary!
We all wear a fake smile, and show the tears to the ones who understand, understand both the fake mask and the real face...
Waldy565