Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Wii Mini price set at £79.99

Comment on site articles.

Amazon and GAME reveal prices for new Wii

The Wii Mini price has been set at £79.99 in GAME and Amazon. The two stores posted the same price for the new, smaller console that is aimed at families.

... read more

Postby Maggnum » 27 Feb 2013, 13:18

looks nice, but it has some draw backs.
reminds me of the old famicoms
Maggnum

Postby mandlecreed » 27 Feb 2013, 13:18

Comes with a free t-shirt with, "I got mugged by Nintendo," on it.
mandlecreed

Postby nick_gc » 27 Feb 2013, 13:21

That's a full £10 too much.
nick_gc

Re: Wii Mini price set at £79.99

Postby King Slazo » 27 Feb 2013, 13:24

If you can buy the "proper" Wii for the same price... why would you ever buy the Mini...?
~ a r r o g a n c e e t e r n a l ~ to tweetfinity and beyond
King Slazo
ONM Moderator

Postby tomonm » 27 Feb 2013, 13:41

King Slazo wrote:If you can buy the "proper" Wii for the same price... why would you ever buy the Mini...?

Well, it is cheaper than the Wii in Amazon and Game. It's only at ShopTo that it's the same price as the regular Wii and that's only because they've got a special offer on the Wii. Not saying that you should buy it - just pointing out some facts.
tomonm
ONM Staff

Postby ledreppe » 27 Feb 2013, 13:49

"Would you consider buying a Wii Mini at that price?" You're kidding ONM, aren't you? Why would I buy a Wii that doesn't have WiFi?! You can get a second hand Wii regular for less that £79.99 off eBay!

I noticed Amazon were charging over £100 for the Wii Mini the other day, I thought 'I'd certainly never buy it at that price', but it seems to have been a mistake, as it's been lowered.
Nintendo Network ID: BigAl79
3DS Friend Code
Getting: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Rayman Legends.
Mii QR Code
Twitter
YouTube
Where Nintendo lead, others follow!
ledreppe

Postby Scraggy man » 27 Feb 2013, 14:38

Still wondering why? Maybe if they had it filled with online games already downloaded then it might peak intreste but why now?
Scraggy man

Postby Nintimdo » 27 Feb 2013, 14:51

its a beautiful looking console but it is also pointless
Nintimdo

Postby Dean Thompson » 27 Feb 2013, 15:01

Could (correction 'Will') be rare in the future. Collectors item but otherwise no.
Officially The Midlands Best Nintendo Gamer 2009 (Britain's Best Nintendo Gamer Finalist 2009), PKMN VGC 2011 Top 32/512 Masters Division.
Dean Thompson

Postby turnmebackwards » 27 Feb 2013, 17:16

Should be no more then £40.00 it's just a bare-bone Wii system and a pointless release from Nintendo I really do wonder what goes on at Nintendo HQ sometimes :shock:
turnmebackwards

Postby C00LI098 » 27 Feb 2013, 17:43

There's no way I'm paying about €90 for a red nunchuk. ;)
C00LI098

Postby TheSlenderman » 27 Feb 2013, 17:44

This is like trying to sell someone an ironing board; you already have one, don't you? You don't need another one, do you?
Thought not. :wink:
I need something interesting to write here.
Colors Gallery; http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=118133 :D
TheSlenderman

Postby K-tet » 27 Feb 2013, 17:59

While I like the system in terms of its looks, this is nothing more than a novelty, perhaps even a gimmick. I doubt it will sell.

It isn't even worth £40. If anything, £29.99 should be THE max price, further proof retailers like ripping us off. If you can grab a Model 1 Wii second-hand for £40, which has far more functionality than both the Model 2 Wii and the Wii Mini, then that basically tells you that you don't need a system like this, especially at the £79.99 asking price.

Also, Wii U anyone? Wii should go gracefully and not be seen again as far as I'm concerned. It has virtually achieved its 100million units sold milestone (and wouldn't be surprised come the end of this current fiscal year to have nudged over that).
K-tet

Postby TheNUKEnukeM » 27 Feb 2013, 18:01

mandlecreed wrote:Comes with a free t-shirt with, "I got mugged by Nintendo," on it.

I might get that written on a mug.
To be honest its not designed for us is it? It designed for children under the age of 9 who want a first system. And there is no better system for them to be honest. Its old to the point where it has a really good software library backing it up, but new to the point where games are still coming out and it looks half decent. Parents will be willing to pay £80 and the kids would probably get there moneys wroth out off it. There is no wifi but I doubt their parents dont want them online so that is well and good and the parents want to buy them a NEW system and probably don't know as much about shopping around as we do. I mean we are experts arent we? We know what is a good price and whats not. And okay that price isnt amazing, but it certainly isnt bad.
When I go out some people ask me-Hey what's with the name. Well My real surname is Newcomb. And its sounds like Nukem as in Duke Nukem the game character (never played it, im two young). So I have adopted it and put in frustrating capital letters.
TheNUKEnukeM

Postby CyberGW » 27 Feb 2013, 18:11

It's not a bad price, but I wouldn't get one to the massive lack of features.
Current Favourite Game: Tomodachi Life
Most Anticipated Game: Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS
NNID: CyberGW
CyberGW

Postby danbish » 27 Feb 2013, 18:14

CyberGW wrote:It's not a bad price, but I wouldn't get one to the massive lack of features.

See, as a lover and collecter of all things Nintendo, I'd be tempted to buy one BUT, £80 is asking too much for it especially when all the Wii features have been stripped out and you can already buy a standard Wii for the same price.

I have to say though, it looks brilliant!
3DS: 0920-1615-5762. NNID: TheFatPlumber. PM me if you add me & I'll add you back.
Yes I am a Nintendo fanboy, no I don't care. Dorkly
danbish

Postby wii_love_u » 27 Feb 2013, 18:41

don't really want to buy it, but would point out that a wii remote plus costs £40 and a nunchuck costs £15, the actual console only costs £25 :D
wii_love_u

Postby liveswired » 27 Feb 2013, 19:00

wii_love_u wrote:don't really want to buy it, but would point out that a wii remote plus costs £40 and a nunchuck costs £15, the actual console only costs £25 :D

It's still a rip off.
liveswired

Postby Riverlution » 27 Feb 2013, 21:51

It would have made sense a few years ago when they launched those Wiis without the gamecube compatibility. But now, when it is truly at the end of its life? No amount of money will make me buy one.
Riverlution

Postby radabie86 » 27 Feb 2013, 21:53

Im snapping one up for my five year old and two year old to share in their room on day one of release with a couple of classic games, dont know which ones yet maybe Donkey Kong Country Returns and one of the Kirby games (never got to finish these games) They love my Wii U and 3ds so this will be a nice treat for them. :)
radabie86

Postby TrafalgarLaw » 27 Feb 2013, 23:38

No wifi is a deal breaker...otherwise I would have bought it.
TrafalgarLaw

Postby RainbowGazelle » 28 Feb 2013, 00:26

Surely bringing out this new Wii is an excuse to release Kirby's Dream Collection here Nintendo. Please!!! Everyone else got to celebrate his 20th Anniversary.

(I know this message wasn't exactly relevant, but I needed to plead.)
If anyone wants to play online, my 3DS FC is: 3437-3065-1394
My Wii U NNID is: RainbowGazelle
RainbowGazelle

Postby nintendoftwman » 28 Feb 2013, 01:12

Just looks good
3ds friend code: 2277-7109-7172
nintendoftwman

Postby bigterence » 28 Feb 2013, 09:32

A superb release by Ninty.A big two fingers to the " internet with everything" boys. And a day one purchase from me.
bigterence

Postby southendandy » 28 Feb 2013, 17:53

Will definitely get one, even if it is just to put into my Nintendo collection. Have a boxed Virtualboy as well. :D
southendandy

Next