Official Nintendo Magazine

Log in to access exclusive Nintendo content, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join for free

Sakurai hopes arm injury won't impact Smash Bros Wii U and 3

Comment on site articles.

"If it never gets fixed, there's no telling what impact that would have on the project."

Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, perhaps the most eagerly anticipated NIntendo games, could be affected by Masahiro Sakurai's arm injury.

... read more

Sakurai hopes arm injury won't impact Smash Bros Wii U and 3

Postby Dark nemisis » 28 Feb 2013, 10:33

get better and rest, we can wait
I haven't changed my signature in 6 years. Now that this forum is dead, I propose moving here: http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/ Although I'm not confident we will amount to much. It just won't feel the same.
Dark nemisis

Re: Sakurai hopes arm injury won't impact Smash Bros Wii U a

Postby me4ndubz » 28 Feb 2013, 10:36

I hope he gets better soon
me4ndubz

Postby K-tet » 28 Feb 2013, 11:07

Common sense will tell you that a man is no good to his team if he is injured, incapacitated or dead. Sakurai should rest, even if it means the game is delayed.

Better yet, seeing as he's in charge of proceedings, he should delegate his tasks to people who can run with it so that he can concentrate on getting better. If he wants to be pro-active during development without actually doing development, he should just oversee proceedings and throw his tuppence when needed. He has a highly experienced dev team working on this project, so the room for error even without his presence is minimal.
K-tet

Postby MartinIsAwesome » 28 Feb 2013, 11:44

Hopefully there will be more comments of support and well wishes than ones complaining about waiting for the games for longer.
I just hope that Sakurai doesn't feel so pressured into finishing them as soon as possible that he does furthur injury. I expect that Nintendo will allow him to take it easier so he can produce the best game he can with his current health in consideration, even if it means delaying the games release.
Please check out my video game inspired t-shirt deigns over on RedBubble!
Featured Designs: SAMUS/ARAN | Luigi - Ridin' Dirty | Another MOTHER - Ness & Lucas (variations available)
MartinIsAwesome
ONM Moderator

Postby shy guy 64 » 28 Feb 2013, 11:50

he should take all the time he needs to recover and not worry about the fans
life, don't talk to me about life
I'm being incredibly clever and there's no one standing around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?
shy guy 64

Postby Tamzily01 » 28 Feb 2013, 12:10

I don't care how long it takes this game to get finished. Sakurai should take as much time off as he sees fit.
Looking to get into Pathfinder RPG
3DS: 0688-5598-6231 NNID: RedGuard587
ImageImage
Youtube Tumblr Twitter
Tamzily01

Postby Scraggy man » 28 Feb 2013, 12:16

Would rather he rested and the game was delayed, than it being released imperfect.
Scraggy man

Postby Dark nemisis » 28 Feb 2013, 13:21

However in saying that there isn't really a 'cure'. His bones are calcifying and becoming rock essentially, useless. Extreme cases are more than often amputated..... maybe you should actually hurry up before it spreads! :|
I haven't changed my signature in 6 years. Now that this forum is dead, I propose moving here: http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/ Although I'm not confident we will amount to much. It just won't feel the same.
Dark nemisis

Postby martynm » 28 Feb 2013, 13:37

Wow, I wish the guy well. In fact, i hope he doesn't push himself too hard on either game to the point of making himself unable to work. Like everyone else says, I hope he gets better. It's his game he's making after all. I trust Sakurai to make a great game. Kirby, Smash and Kid Icarus are the best games I think of fondly so he's one of my favourite developers.

I wish him well!
and here's my FC 2594-9874-0768

OH! and my NNID is MartynIsAdequate. Not as hilarious as it did first time round. Contact if interested!
My Colors! Gallery Twitter
martynm

Postby Sex Bob-omb » 28 Feb 2013, 14:27

He should take time off to recover a man's health is more important than a video game
Sex Bob-omb

Postby CaptainSnivy » 28 Feb 2013, 15:11

This has further concreted my belief that SSBB 4 won't come out until late 2014, 2015 at the latest. I honestly could not see coming out before November 2014.
CaptainSnivy

Postby Mew3 » 28 Feb 2013, 16:31

Get well (and release screenshots) soon!
Mew3

Postby ShanNintendoUk » 28 Feb 2013, 18:12

Hope you get better soon Sakurai!!!
ShanNintendoUk

Postby PikachuKJ » 01 Mar 2013, 01:10

get better soon. We love your work and hope it will continue for a while.
Pikachu I choose you!!!!
PikachuKJ

Postby blu fire » 03 Mar 2013, 13:12

Mr sakurai if you read this ( Which you probably wont) just rest. We can wait a year or two extra for a smash bros game. But if you become permanantly injured because of this then you may not be able to work again and we wont get another smash bros or kirby or any other projeccts you do. So just take rest. Let your 2nd guy in charge take control for a month or two but just rest. Please. For the sake of Smash bors.
blu fire